focusrite scarlet 2i2 sound problem

siauz

hmmm , hey guys i just bought a secondhand focusrite 2i2 ,i have a problem with it ,i'm not using the speaker monitoring so the port behind the focusrite is not plugged (left and right) , i'm using blueetooth speaker harman kardon onyx and my LG TV HDMI speaker too . i start recording my voice using audacity ,but when i preview my track it's sound cracking (bzzzzzzzzzzz) or whatever it is . i tried to plug the port behind 2i2 using converter 1/4 to 3.5mm with my earphone (on the left port or right port) it's still sound "bbzzzzzz" . what's wrong with my 2i2 ?? i'm trying to play music with 2i2 too , and is same .
please help , my english is bad and i hope u all understand what i mean :)

Hi Siauz and welcome.
Firstly, your English is pretty good but yes, you are right, I AM having trouble understanding you but don't worry, we get the same problem with those with English as their mother tongue!

But the audio kit? First of all disconnect everything from the 2i2 except the USB connection and a headphones. Now, can you play clean sounds out from the computer? Radio, youtube, a CD? If so proceed to connect other equipment and in that way you should be able to pin down the cause of the problem. My guess is a hum, aka "ground" or "earth" loop is being formed.

If you cannot get clean signals from a basic headphone setup then there is something wrong with the interface or possibly the computer. Can you try the 2i2 on another PC?

Dave.

Back