Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fl Studio midi piano keyboard help

Thanks

Fl Studio midi piano keyboard help

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hello, I have a Kawia map 11se, connected to fl studio, newest drivers installed, the piano sounds just do not sound rite, the midi velocity is just weird, and seems a tad delay vs piano sound directly from piano to speakers, I feel like I have tried everything the last few days, I'm downloading pro tools first to see if that works better. I'm wanting to record cover songs on YouTube playing and singing. If you guys have any ideas of something I could be missing that would be awesome thanks,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LOA5000 View Post
    Hello, I have a Kawia map 11se, connected to fl studio, newest drivers installed, the piano sounds just do not sound rite, the midi velocity is just weird, and seems a tad delay vs piano sound directly from piano to speakers, I feel like I have tried everything the last few days, I'm downloading pro tools first to see if that works better. I'm wanting to record cover songs on YouTube playing and singing. If you guys have any ideas of something I could be missing that would be awesome thanks,
    More details on the set up and how the pc was scrubbed for audio use would help along with the settings and options you are using.
    What else is running in the PC? Describe how the midi velocity is weird.

I do not think pro tools will help this.

You could be missing that you need to pay to perform cover songs. Did you get the rights to do that yet?

Thanks
    Do you mean that you play the keyboard, record the MIDI data and then replay it to the keyboard it sounds bad and has weird velocity response?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mr average View Post
    More details on the set up and how the pc was scrubbed for audio use would help along with the settings and options you are using.
    What else is running in the PC? Describe how the midi velocity is weird.

I do not think pro tools will help this.

You could be missing that you need to pay to perform cover songs. Did you get the rights to do that yet?
    The midi velocity is just not as accurate as like the piano hooked up to the speakers, Like some notes are played way to softly, I can hardly play just feels so weird, I tried increasing the velocity leval, I tried with velocity set to none, it's a tad bit badder because at least all the notes come throught tite, the piano also has 4 midi out zonelights to push, I tried turning them all on but it's like to much sound, like it just sounds better with just midi zone1 on, is there a way to like take a vidoe of everything I'm doing and link upload it,

How much does it costs to do cover songs? I thought that YouTube just splits the money with the person doing the cover song and the artists, not really sure what to do, thankyou for the help

Thanks
    The midi velocity is just not as accurate as like the piano hooked up to the speakers, Like some notes are played way to softly, I can hardly play just feels so weird, I tried increasing the velocity leval, I tried with velocity set to none, it's a tad bit badder because at least all the notes come throught tite, the piano also has 4 midi out zonelights to push, I tried turning them all on but it's like to much sound, like it just sounds better with just midi zone1 on, is there a way to like take a vidoe of everything I'm doing and link upload it,

How much does it costs to do cover songs? I thought that YouTube just splits the money with the person doing the cover song and the artists, not really sure what to do, thankyou for the help

I am confused. Do you have a piano or are you talking about a keyboard midi controller type device. I do not use fl and dont know what keyboard you are using. But have you read the documentations to see what they say about delays and loudness?

Utoob should have info on IP law and paying. My understanding is that if you perform a cover then you have to pay for the right to do it. Perhaps that is only for creating CDs or vinyls not the performance itself. But until I go back and reread the details of current copyright I am tending to believe that when you perform and record your video for utoob that you owe somebody, who owns the copyright, money for doing that. It may well be that utoob owes more money everytime somebody plays your video too. And perhaps Utoob does the licensing and pays upfront or has another arrangement for performances creating the video.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mr average View Post

I am confused. Do you have a piano or are you talking about a keyboard midi controller type device. I do not use fl and dont know what keyboard you are using. But have you read the documentations to see what they say about delays and loudness?

Utoob should have info on IP law and paying. My understanding is that if you perform a cover then you have to pay for the right to do it. Perhaps that is only for creating CDs or vinyls not the performance itself. But until I go back and reread the details of current copyright I am tending to believe that when you perform and record your video for utoob that you owe somebody, who owns the copyright, money for doing that. It may well be that utoob owes more money everytime somebody plays your video too. And perhaps Utoob does the licensing and pays upfront or has another arrangement for performances creating the video.
    I have a kawia mp 11se keyboard that plugs into the PC with USB cable, there's all kinds of velocity setting and stuff. But seems no matter what I try I cant get it to play and sound nice

Thanks
    I have a kawia mp 11se keyboard that plugs into the PC with USB cable, there's all kinds of velocity setting and stuff. But seems no matter what I try I cant get it to play and sound nice
    Okay. That is one awesome keyboard/stage piano that supports midi.

I have to think that you have some settings that are wrong. There are a LOT of them from what I see looking at the specs on that. Are you sure you do not have any f/x or other things set that could cause this problem?

Possibly there are things in the pc causing problems.
    Or maybe options in fl.
    Worst case it is how you play it. Something that fancy would have keys that respond with the way you play them. Have you tried one note at a time and varied how hard/fast you hit keys and how long you linger before releasing?

Thanks
    Okay, I'm gonna read the manual to the keyboard and try to figure out what's going on. It does pick up how long I hold the keys, the foot pedal to substain the notes, but a lot of the keys the volume velocity go to low and some are louder, I dont know its weird, I got to go to work see what I can figure out tomorrow or tonight

Thanks
    Okay, I'm gonna read the manual to the keyboard and try to figure out what's going on. It does pick up how long I hold the keys, the foot pedal to substain the notes, but a lot of the keys the volume velocity go to low and some are louder, I dont know its weird, I got to go to work see what I can figure out tomorrow or tonight
    i would guess the volume would vary by how hard you push the key

that is why i suggest doing one note at a time and repeating all with a variety of force and duration to see what that does to the note

Thanks
    You didn't respond to my question - all you're doing at the moment. is going to the computer (via USB connection I see) and simply recording MIDI and replaying the sounds from the Kawai?

The velocity scaling isn't very linear with some keyboards. I don't know FL studio, but with a midi track recorded, will it let you inspect the velocities? A good test is to put it into record and play a chord as quietly as you can, so it sounds on the keyboard, then gradually play louder and louder until you are at maximum volume. The inspect the recording and see what velocities got recorded. The range will on 0-126, or 1-127. It's quite possible that the loudest could only get to maybe 100 or so, and the quiet ones you heard sounding are missing totally until quite a few in. Most sequencers. will give you the option to add or subtract from the MIDI value. Cubase that I use certainly does, and if I play on my stage piano (a gem) it seems very responsive at low velocities, and less so when I play loud. If I user this. as a master keyboard and select a piano sample that I like, it's quite difficult to play quietly, and easier to play loudly. I routinely deduct a bit from the data value, and it then matches how it's internal sound works. My master keyboard with unweighted keys behaves totally differently.

On the youtube cover version front - you won't make a penny, because Youtube will identify the composer, and route any payments to them. You will get a copyright claim. Takes about 5 minutes from upload. If you use any on-line system, the composer will get the PRS, you might get PPL if you are a member. I've never had. remotely enough plays to generate anything from youtube. Stick one of your covers up and test the system - if your recording is close to the original they will identify it. If it's a radical re-arrangement, then you might get away with it.

Thread Information