Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Fl Studio midi piano keyboard help

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Oh i see, lol. Im loving cubase so far its awesome and the piano sounds perfect! thanks!! Do you think I should buy the elements version first or buy the artist? If I spend an hour a day to 2 with the program how long you think it will be till im ready for cubase pro 10?

Thankyou so much for all the help, glad I found this forum
    Last edited by LOA5000; 04-10-2019 at 21:28.

Thanks
    You know im not even gonna buy the piano plug in, the piano that comes with cubase sounds awesome to me

Thanks
    I really love cubase so far, FL studio was nothing but headaches

Thanks
    joshua-piano-jpg

Here's my one in use by a 7 yr old!

Thanks
    Is that your setup?

Thanks
    Yep. My grandson spends ages in the studio when he comes to stay. He did actually reveal a small weak link on the Swissonic - the fader knobs are quite small and rough handling pings them off. He was trying to 'play' then quickly shove a fader and resume playing without spoiling 'the song' - and he popped them off quite easily. I've never done it, but I'm gentler. They go back on fine, but the low height of them means the fader tang only goes in a few millimetres.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob aylestone View Post
    Yep. My grandson spends ages in the studio when he comes to stay. He did actually reveal a small weak link on the Swissonic - the fader knobs are quite small and rough handling pings them off. He was trying to 'play' then quickly shove a fader and resume playing without spoiling 'the song' - and he popped them off quite easily. I've never done it, but I'm gentler. They go back on fine, but the low height of them means the fader tang only goes in a few millimetres.
    At least they pop off and are replaceable. Breaking off wouldn't be any good. I'd guess they are like that on purpose, assuming there are a few 7 year old musicians out there.
    Music ~ the International Language

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LOA5000 View Post
    Hi, I downloaded the trial versions of pianoteq and additive keys, I like the additive keys better I think, but I'm not for sure, I wanna spend more time with both of them, the additive keys works so much better then the fl studio ones
    I've had addictive keys for several years and all of the piano sounds in that program sound fantastic. It also has different microphones and placements for them, to make it seem like you are moving them around the piano to get different sounds and transients. I really like the grand piano sound, but there are quite a few sounds and they are all editable to your liking. There are also reverb, echo, flanger, tremblo etc. there, too.

I saved the grand sound with a different name and set the sound an octave lower. No, I don't have an 88 key keyboard, but of course, midi does.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LOA5000 View Post
    Oh i see, lol. Im loving cubase so far its awesome and the piano sounds perfect! thanks!! Do you think I should buy the elements version first or buy the artist? If I spend an hour a day to 2 with the program how long you think it will be till im ready for cubase pro 10?

Thankyou so much for all the help, glad I found this forum
    I have an older version of Cubase and there are parts to it that I've never even attempted to use, and probably never will. I do wish I had the time to get more involved into it, but like most DAWs, it's doubtful that you will ever use every aspect of the program. And I think that is pretty common.

Like with the mixer in my version. It has write and learn so I could turn it into a digital mixer with self sliding faders, etc. I know there are more advanced versions than mine, so those who have something newer than version 5 are probably laughing, right now.

I also use it to play live, because I need mulitlple VSTs available at the same time. I have an orchestra VST software and several free VSTs, as well as addictive keys. In Cubase, I have 8 different instrument inputs, one addictive keys, three free VSTs for organ and poly synths and five of my orchestra VST. Each of these instruments have around 20 different VSTs at the ready, that I select with mouse or buttons on my keyboard.

Personally, I'm just looking for a smaller footprint than Cubase for this, but don't know if I'll find it. I don't have any sound drops or driver glitches, but I know I'm right on the edge of that. Playing live, I'd prefer to be sure I won't ever have any.
    But, I digress. I'm glad you found something that fixes your velocity issue. I had one a few years back, and mine was internal to my keyboard. It's now fixed and everything sounds great. I hope you can say the same, now.

northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Thanks
    "Personally, I'm just looking for a smaller footprint than Cubase for this, but don't know if I'll find it. I don't have any sound drops or driver glitches, but I know I'm right on the edge of that. Playing live, I'd prefer to be sure I won't ever have any"

Just an observation from an old valve amp jockey Fingerz but, instead of ditching Cubase, which IS the Dogs for MIDI, why not look at the computer? Have you done all the optimizations? I assume it is a pretty dedicated laptop? I.e. you don't do your tax on it or let peeps play games on it? Make sure ram is 8G or over and remove any programs you don't need. I would suggest an SSD but I guess it has taken you a piece of work to get it "just so" and you don't want to mess with it? I trust you have the configuration imaged and backed up externally?

Dave.

Thread Information