first live gig

theront

hi, im about to have my first gig using triton

i play on 11 songs and have as much combis

so here are a few questions regarding sound check and live playing

ok do i use mono or stereo, what outputs do i use ( L, R , both or Headphones)
if i use mono, do i have to pan programs in combis in a specific manner

how do i get combis to sound equally loud (do i use compression..)

and if anyone can think of anything that might help be sure to do so :)

znx

I guess it all depends on the gig your doing. I play in a rock band on stage and use a Triton as one of my boards, and I just run a line out Mono into the PA. We dont do anything that would require a keyboard stereo sound in the venues/bars/clubs we are playing in. I think the left channel is "mono channel".

I guess if your doing some intricate piano or combi based tunes, you can, or might want to run Stereo (2 lines out of the Triton) then you could have your sound person pan them a bit left and right if you were after that effect.

Otherwise, keep it simple, 1 line out Mono. :D

Peace
AH :cool:

mono ....... stereo is almost always useless in a live situation. Plus ...... if it's your first gig ...... you want it as simple as possible ...... even mono is gonna be stressful for you ..... so you don't need anything to take away from the fun.

I agree - just go mono. If you are using splits, try to get the relative volume togther before the gig. One of your outs (normally the left, serves as mono.

If you are going to a PA - will there be monitors so you can hear yourself? If the monitors have your keys mixed in with everything else you may have trouble hearing. Often the montiros simply send vocals (singers normally prefer only vocals in the monitors) - so make you you know what to expect.

I normally take a mono feed from each keyboard/module (I use a few live) to my own submixer and then send one mono signal to the PA and the other mono send to a small stage amp (I use a Peavey KB60) - The stage amp then provides the stage volume.

Make sure you have an extra cable (or more) for back-up. If you are running into a snake, make sure you or someone has a direct box (or that the snake has 1/4" in. Bring an extension cord to make sure you can get to power. If it's an outdoor gig, bring a tarp in case you need to cover up your keyboard in a hurry.

Back