Facebook Live Audio recording

RED SHIFT1

Ok this is my first post. I looked for audio recording and this site was one of the top ones I found. And here is the question…
How do I record the audio track off Facebook Live? I have Audacity.

I don't know about Audacity, but most DAWs have the ability record whatever is coming through the soundcard. Just need to select it in the options menu.

Attached is the setting in Audacity (grabbed a bit of Radio 3 if you wanted to hear it) . Go 'Edit> Preferences>Devices...

How you get the audio in the PC to use Stereo Mix depends on your operating system. I am all Win 7.

Since this setup just records any audio going through the PC it should (must?) work for Facebook but I don't use that.

BTW You can buy a device call a 'Portta' interface that takes HDMI and outputs composite video and 2 chan sound. Thus you can copy anything on any PC screen to, as in my case, a DVD recorder.

Dave.

Attachments

• stereo mix.png
    stereo mix.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 7
Unfortunately, neither ideas worked. There was an app of some kind built into Windows XP that would record any audio coming thru the speakers. But it was removed in Windows 7. I got to thinking I might could just run a stereo 1/8" cord from the headphone out into the line on the back of the PC and just record it thru the Line in.

Unfortunately, neither ideas worked. There was an app of some kind built into Windows XP that would record any audio coming thru the speakers. But it was removed in Windows 7. I got to thinking I might could just run a stereo 1/8" cord from the headphone out into the line on the back of the PC and just record it thru the Line in.

Well, it certainly works on MY version of W7! Just the basic Home Premium. I no longer have a W10 PC, got pissed off with it and gave it to a grandson but I very much doubt they have/can have deleted that function? I think it is part of the 'Realtek' sound drivers. I suppose the OBSound on YOUR motherboard might have lost it?

If all come to naught splash $30 or so on a Behringer UCA 202. Then you just need a stereo RCA - RCA cable to link line ins and outs, also buy a pair of RCA 'splitters; and you keep the line out (but you still have headphone on the 202) .

Hang on..DOH! going advanced, see you soon.
Dave.

Can you get to the attached from Recording Devices?

Dave.

Attachments

• win stereo mix.png
    win stereo mix.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 7
This was a quick audio grab from Youtube that should be no different than Facebook as long as the audio goes through your computers soundcard/sound system. It should be doable.

Attachments

• audacity record.jpg
    audacity record.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 8
Hi Mark. Indeed that should work for the OP but...

I seem to recall a similar problem, maybe not here, some time ago. I wonder, do some installs of W7 have the mix function turned off? Maybe look in
Services and see if anything sticks out as disabled?

Maybe one of our PC genius Mods can help? Paul?

Dave.

Back