Exporting At Slower Speed.

StarMan

I've recorded a track in Cubase AI 9.5 and ESU1808. I record at 44.1 and 24-Bit. yet when I go to export my track and play it back it is at slower speed to what I have recorded! What has happened? I've checked the audio record control and it is all set to 44.1 + 24 bit. The tracks in my pool are also the same. How do I correct this issue and what is causing it?

Are you using the SPDIF inputs of the interface?

This often happens when the conversion is 48kHz but the software is set to 44.1, which mostly happens when there's a digital connection that the software can't sense or control like SPDIF or ADAT. So the actual rate of sampling is 48k but the files are flagged as 44.1k.

I used to fix this problem using Sound Forge. It had an option to change the sample rate of the file without resampling. Perhaps there's some other editor that can perform that function. Audacity? You would need to change the flag to 48k then export at 44.1k, resampling to the new rate.

Are you using the SPDIF inputs of the interface?

This often happens when the conversion is 48kHz but the software is set to 44.1, which mostly happens when there's a digital connection that the software can't sense or control like SPDIF or ADAT. So the actual rate of sampling is 48k but the files are flagged as 44.1k.

I used to fix this problem using Sound Forge. It had an option to change the sample rate of the file without resampling. Perhaps there's some other editor that can perform that function. Audacity? You would need to change the flag to 48k then export at 44.1k, resampling to the new rate.

How do I do this??

How do I do this??

In Audacity, try the speed change option. Set the percent to 8.843.

You're going to need to figure out how this happened. If the speed change value I've given works then it's almost certainly a problem with the hardware operating at 48kHz and the software flagging the files at 44.1kHz.

In Audacity, try the speed change option. Set the percent to 8.843.

You're going to need to figure out how this happened. If the speed change value I've given works then it's almost certainly a problem with the hardware operating at 48kHz and the software flagging the files at 44.1kHz.

I know how to do in Audacity, I asked how to do it within my Cubase DAW since I want to export it with the correct speed.

I know how to do in Audacity, I asked how to do it within my Cubase DAW since I want to export it with the correct speed.

Maybe you can speed it up 8.843% then export it. But the problem may be "baked into" the files. You might not be able to fix it in Cubase.

Back