Export wave files...

lukicore

Hi all
I have really stupid question I have been trying for a half of evning to export wave files from cubase sx3 and it is not working i dont see it in the folter i looked in youtube i do same thing but it is not working Please help me out Can someone tell me step by step what to do ??? Please !!!!

At the risk of seemingly swooping in like Captain Obvious, have you read the manual or the Quick-Start guide...?

Make sure the locators are set and not backwards. Are you sure of the path where you are sending the exported file? When you execute "export audio", does a window come up showing that its exporting? (usally takes at least a second or two)What file format are you using?

I just went through a similar thing where I couldn't export an mp3 in Cubase 4, but knew I was doing it right because I was able to do it in Cubase SX3.

In my case it was a corrupt file in my Cubase Preferences. I had to reinstall the program (I installed an updated version) and then I was able to drag my old Key Commands and Templates over so I didn't have to do them over from scratch.

Even doing that, it was a huge pia and I'm still getting the bugs out of it, but I am now able to save an mp3. :)

If you do this, I would advise copying your entire Preferences folder to another location before you reinstall.

These type of stupid time wasters will go one forever as long as these software companies keep issuing upgrade after upgrade, and I never want any of the stuff they add.

What they should do, IMA(arrogant)O, is burn a version of Cubase to the dongle (shit, they sell 4GB flashdrives for $10 what's the problem?) and it always loads instantly and it never crashes. All the upgrades would be software plug ins.

They should do the same thing with the computer's OS. Windows XP was fine. OS 9.2.2 was fine. I haven't wanted or needed one thing they've added with all these upgrades after upgardes. I only keep upgrading hoping they will eventually live up to their original promise. :)

The most amazing thing is that they have sucked everybody into thinking that all these constant upgrades are "the only way to do it" and are necessary.

step by step:

make sure your locators surround what you want to save:

LOCATORS.jpg

In the File menu, go to Export, then Audio Mixdown:

SX3AUDIOSAVE.jpg

1. make sure the tracks you want to export's output are chosen here

2. this is where then saved WAV file will end up

The other things on the Export Audio Mixdown are pretty obvious - the name of the saved WAV, the format, resolution, etc...

When it's all good hit save.

Back