EQ Help

StarMan

Can anyone recommend simialir style type Equalizer like Behringer Ultra Q Pro, in that they have knobs and are analog preferbly....

Without even trying it I can recommend the Drawmer 1974. Their stuff is generally really good.

If that's too expensive, perhaps the Rolls RPQ160B?

Howdy Starman! Great to hear from you on the forums again. :)

I am curious why you are looking for an analog eq? Is this for your guitar rig or recording?

Cheers brother!

I personally would say ditch the analog thing. Unless you have upgraded your mixer, you are chasing a rabbit down a hole that is much less productive than upgrading your software.

Still using Cubase LE5? Way better software in Cubase 10 than what you have now. And way cheaper than a worthy outboard EQ.

Fabfilter ProQ is likely better than you could possibly gain with a analog mixer over $5000 and a outboard eq that is worthy of using.

May as well use guitar pedals if budget is of concern.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Something to look for when deciding on these is the range. Both dynamically, and the gain level + to - .

Example. My EQ goes +18/-18 the then final end sliders will serve as the HPF and LPF cut when at the lowest setting. Some only do the -18 . There is a difference.

and if they can take a line level signal greater than +18.

Without even trying it I can recommend the Drawmer 1974. Their stuff is generally really good.

If that's too expensive, perhaps the Rolls RPQ160B?

Back