editing sucks with the magix studio 7, please help for better program.

rufiochris182

ok i have the magix studio 7, its good for laying down tracks but the efects on it kinnda suck, and the editing is ok but i know theirs better out there, im on a really tight budget right now is their and editing/effect programs i can download for free? thanks

Definitely, Sony Sound Forge 7.0, when you get the money....

Until then, you can look for an older vesion that will work just as well.

Sound Forge 4.5 by Sonic Foundry.

It might be at this freeware/shareware sit......

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm

spin

disagree

with respect chris i gotta jump in here.
the editing of this program is superb as are the effects.
i suspect you have not read the manual sufficiently.
or spent enough time understanding the many features.
as well as how to use them.
the learning curve is quite steep. i have other editors here i dont need anymore since using it.
this product is based on as most know - samplitude - beloved by a slew of pro studios.
to prove my point that its an education issue - how do you
apply an effect to just one part of a track ?

Here, here!

I agree with manning1. While I've only scratched the surface with this program, I love it ! Especially the ease of editing. Try looking at the tips and tricks in the help section along with the shortcuts I was saying the same thing as you for a while till I started to catch on. I wont comment on the effects other than to say I haven't needed anything else to this point. I would like to find a chorus of flanger plug-in at some point though. Just upgraded to 2004, best $80 I ever spent on musical equipment. Good luck anyway.

chorusing etc

getting chorusing and flanging and other effects monkeyshock .
the midi studio side of the house has a slew of effects built in of its own not immediately apparent and seperate from the audio studio side including vst & dirx.
1. open up the midi studio side of magix.
2. import as first track say a mono guitar track.
3. open mixer window. on track one turn up rotary control for bus effects 1 send(by bus1 label).
4. on bus1 on the mixer over to the right now right click/drag mouse over fx insert send box.
you will notice a number of options come up for choosing
the chorus built in. for a stereo chorus from a mono track(sounds nice !) choose
mono>>>stereo. chorus plug in will be loaded. now just left click
on the SAME box and the chorus parameters display so you can change them
if you wish. solo the effects bus while doing this and make sure
you have the fader up on the fx bus.
5. you will also notice in midi studio that you can load into an effects bus not just midi studios built
in effects but also external vst fx and 3rd party dirx as well. this opens up the whole world of free plug ins you can find on the net.
i dont use midi studio much as i use the audio studio side of the house.but i wanted to mention this as there are a slew of fx in midi studio
like delays, chorusing, and flanging and other weird effects like
carpet sweeper and synth features not immediately apparent until one delves a bit.
other ways of getting even more effects if you wish is to export a track to something like cool edit 96 or goldwave or the free version of multitrack studio ,
try the effect and if happy reimport into audio studio.
heres a tip - say you want a panned chorusing effect whooshing from speaker to s[peaker in audio studio , just duplicate the track in audio studio then apply chorus using midi studio or some other means like ive mentioned (cool edit, goldwave etc ) now bring back into audio studio and use the pan draw automation in audio studio to pan between speakers over a period of time.
another thing - once back in audio studio double click on the
waveform object of the effected track and experiment with the object start time by various milliseconds. hth.

Back