Easy DAW question

Privacles

I have been recording for a while with Cubase and Reaper what is the terminology or name for the writing on the time line? WAVE? it looks like a lie detector test lol Been using daws to record for a long time nobody has ever said what the name is for the written music that I have heard or ever seen..

If you mean the mirror image mountain range in the horizontal bar, I've just called it the 'waveform' - not really bothered what format it actually is - just what it looks like!

If you mean the mirror image mountain range in the horizontal bar, I've just called it the 'waveform' - not really bothered what format it actually is - just what it looks like!

I think pretty much everyone calls it a "waveform". It is not really of course, anyone who has used a proper osilloscope on a music signal knows that the pattern depends very much on the timebase frequency selected.

The pattern is not even a good guide to amplitude! Most DAWs allow you to scale the waveform in some way, in both X and Y directions.

Dave.

Back