Drum Machine Recording

deanthut

Hello, I have a 24 SD and have no trouble routing an instrument into a track and recording it, but when I try to hook up my Alesis SR18, I can`t get anything to register or record. I could record without an initial drum track, but I don`t want to. Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Klaatu Barada Nikto

Can you hear your SR18 in headphones plugged into the SR18? Are you inputting the SR18 to the same input/track on which the working instrument was inputted - or maybe a second track you haven't routed properly?

What type of instrument line are you using? I believe it should be 1/4" TS, same as guitar. Connect that from the SR18 Main Out (left or right) to your 24SD in.

I've run my SR16 into a DP24SD pretty much the way spantini suggested and had no problems recording. Main L/R outs of the SR16 into a pair of the rear jacks of the DP24SD with 1/4" TS cables.

Below I've got the SR16 going into selected input channels 'C' and 'D' and assigned to tracks '3' and '4'. Inputs can be assigned to any of the tracks. Arm the tracks with the 'REC' buttons for the tracks and then set the input gains to the recording levels you want. Adjust track and Main faders for comfortable levels for monitoring. By default each track is panned 'center'. Use the Mixer to pan each track left or right.

Good tutorial on Youtube by Phil Tipping may help get around the DP24SD....
Phil Tipping DP24SD Tutorials

Attachments

• Track 3&4.jpg
    Track 3&4.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 8
Back