Does audio in mp3 and videos are same

Brad_Pit

For example: I'm listening to artist album on my PC. They are mp3 audio tracks and then i listen to Youtube official video clip and what i found that audio in video of the same track sound a bit different. Audio in video sounds more more spacious.

So my question is it the same audio in mp3 and in video clip or it the same but mixied differently, etc. (same but balanced changed a bit):confused::confused::confused:

They could have been different mixes or they may have been the same mix but the compression used in converting from the original, non-lossy version has impacted the file slightly differently. If it's really obvious and it's an "official" video then chances are it was massaged somewhat either in mixing or mastering for the video. Just a guess, though - specific examples might be obvious, and some might be less so.

They could have been different mixes or they may have been the same mix but the compression used in converting from the original, non-lossy version has impacted the file slightly differently. If it's really obvious and it's an "official" video then chances are it was massaged somewhat either in mixing or mastering for the video. Just a guess, though - specific examples might be obvious, and some might be less so.

Yes. thanks.

Also In the mp3, the drums are highlighted in the center. I can hear them clearly.

Video audio is compressed using a different algorithm than mp3. There's likely to be a subtle difference in sound. And it might have been deliberately processed differently.

MP4 innit?

Dave.
Whatever it is, when you upload to YouTube, there's a reasonable chance it'll get re-squashed. My quick google had a bit that said it's 192kbps AAC. (Google also tells me MP4 is a container for AAC.)

P.S. One of the casualties of lower (and lower) bitrates is the information at the edges. It might sound like the stuff at the center is more present, but you're probably just not hearing as much of what was in the original.

No. It’s definitely not about YouTube compression, I’m not writing about it, but I’m writing about mixing and mixing and recording.

I think mp4 is the container and the audio can be in various formats, including AAC or even uncompressed PCM.
Just to clarify, my comment was specifically about YouTube's audio (quality). It is definitely not non-lossy.

P.S. (edit) At least, that's what I read, and I honestly have not tried to upload a non-lossy PCM audio stream to YouTube and capture the HD playback to compare bits. Interesting challenge...

Just to clarify, my comment was specifically about YouTube's audio (quality). It is definitely not non-lossy.

P.S. (edit) At least, that's what I read, and I honestly have not tried to upload a non-lossy PCM audio stream to YouTube and capture the HD playback to compare bits. Interesting challenge...

According to their upload specifications, it uses AAC-LC, which is a lossy format.

Recommended upload encoding settings - YouTube Help

According to their upload specifications, it uses AAC-LC, which is a lossy format.

Recommended upload encoding settings - YouTube Help
Just as well, Final Cut Pro X does not have a way to create an H.264 video that includes PCM audio. The "light" ProRes video format for that last 3min video I did was 2.2GB, or about 9x the size of the MP4 version, so I'm not going to try and upload that!

I suspect uploading exactly what they'll create might be the best option, and when I see what they do to a 720p video (what they let you download after upload) tells me they're compressing everything. You can upload like 180MB of 720p and after processing they'll let you download your video, but it's about 1/4 that size, if that. Have to go dig around and see if I can find and original 720p I uploaded and then compare audio kbps vs. the YT download.

Back