do I go from Garageband to Logic

thepogopapers

I've been using garage band on and off for a while. It's simple and works (I gave used Reaper in the past as well)

I just got a AKAI MPK225 Controller - I am struggling to get it working in Garagband.
I have heard (read online, and that's never wrong :-O) That Garageband does not work well with the MPK controller.

So do I doink around with it or upgrade to Logic. I have read that the integration is much better with logic.

I am getting more serious with my recording work. On that alone would I be better off with Logic?

Thanks, All

Hi there. I can't speak for the MPK controller compatibility but I can speak as someone who has migrated from GB to Logic.

As long as it's not breaking the bank take the plunge and upgrade to LPX. I found that generally speaking things I needed to find a work-a-round for in GB was a straight forward option in LPX. YMMV but if you're going to get serious with this home recording lark, upgrading from GB to something else is an inevitability in the long run. Get the milage now ;-)

It's Christmas. Give yourself the gift of a better daw!
You said you're getting more serious with your recording, time to get more serious with your main tool, the Daw.
:D

As much as Apple products leave a bad taste in my mouth, I have to admit that Logic is pretty sweet. It's a very capable and deep product. I think that it's a gift that will keep on giving, as you learn it more and more over time.

Back