Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Desktop audio being picked up in mic

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBaconDealer View Post
    I have a 3.5mm on the line out of my computer to dual 1/4 inch mono on line in 4/5
    Ok- I am definitely confused then about what you are trying to do here. I am not sure the Main Out to Mic will help. If you are dumping your computer signal from it's line out, into the mixer via dual 1/4" on 4/5, how are you routing signal TO the computer for discord or OBS, as MJ and ECC mentioned may not work with your set up?

Trying to understand,
    Dale
    Last edited by DaleVO; 2 Weeks Ago at 19:32. Reason: Typos

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleVO View Post
    Ok- I am definitely confused then about what you are trying to do here. I am not sure the Main Out to Mic will help. If you are dumping your computer signal from it's line out, into the mixer via dual 1/4" on 4/5, how are you routing signal TO the computer for discord or OBS, as MJ and ECC mentioned may not work with your set up?

Trying to understand,
    Dale
    Okay I've done some more experimenting and I think what's happening is that the input from my computer into the mixer is getting caught up with the output of my mic from the mixer thus whenever I play audio on my computer it cuts off the audio from the mic and routes back into the computer via the mic jack. I honestly don't know wtf is going on and I'm almost ready to say its faulty hardware. If there is anything I can answer to help clarify my new findings please ask away.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBaconDealer View Post
    Okay I've done some more experimenting and I think what's happening is that the input from my computer into the mixer is getting caught up with the output of my mic from the mixer thus whenever I play audio on my computer it cuts off the audio from the mic and routes back into the computer via the mic jack. I honestly don't know wtf is going on and I'm almost ready to say its faulty hardware. If there is anything I can answer to help clarify my new findings please ask away.
    Also if I use 2 RCA cables in the 2-track both connecting the the headphones and mic jacks on the computer the issue stops (other things start happening though) but I can no longer hear my voice in my headset unless I push down one of the 2-track buttons and then my issue starts again

Thanks
    It's not faulty hardware, it's that using your computer's soundcard + the mixer won't get you what you want. An external USB audio interface should allow you to do it, but check here on the model's capabilities.
    Mike B My new album on CD Baby: Fact and Fiction
    My Bandcamp site: http://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjbphotos View Post
    It's not faulty hardware, it's that using your computer's soundcard + the mixer won't get you what you want. An external USB audio interface should allow you to do it, but check here on the model's capabilities.
    TBD,
    MJ, et. al. have suggested this earlier in the thread. At the moment, I think you rigged it up to be a glorified, headphone amp, of all of your mixed inputs.
    Dale

Thread Information