DAW Reaper help

lepardman

It's frustrating because I had this working a few days ago but now I don't know whats wrong.

Devices:
Tascam 4x4 interface
M5 Rode matched pair

Problem:
Can't get ANY audio to show up in Reaper. On the interface, I can see green light (signal) and even red lights (peak) when I tap the mic, so it's definitely the DAW.

Things I've done/tried:
- Driver is updated from Tascam.
- Changed reaper settings around
In reaper there are 3 options.
- Microphone (Mixing Driver 1 for
- Microphone (2- US-4x4)
- Microphone (Mixing Driver 2 for
- I've tried all of these and different input combinations for tracks

- Made sure the track is on live listen.

Any ideas??

When you say you can't get any audio to show up, are you referring to no signals showing up on your fader/master meters while you're attempting to record a track?

Make sure you reset your routing and driver/preferences as you had them prior to this problem.

Next, make sure you've left-clicked the red Record Arm/Disarm button on the track control. This activates the track meters.

(..or does "Made sure the track is on live listen" mean that you have already done this? )

Right-clicking the same button, then selecting Monitor Input will activate your Master fader meter and allow for headphone monitoring.

When you say you can't get any audio to show up, are you referring to no signals showing up on your fader/master meters while you're attempting to record a track?

The first thing I would do is make sure I clicked the red Record Arm/Disarm button on the track control. This activates the meters. Or does "Made sure the track is on live listen" mean that you have already done this?

I would happily wager $5 that you are correct :)

Make sure you reset your routing and driver/preferences as you had them prior to this problem.

Next, make sure you've left-clicked the red Record Arm/Disarm button on the track control. This activates the track meters.

(..or does "Made sure the track is on live listen" mean that you have already done this? )

Right-clicking the same button, then selecting Monitor Input will activate your Master fader meter and allow for headphone monitoring.

I'm referring to the fader yeah.

I see the official name is record arm, but yes that has been on with all these tests.

I'm using my laptop speakers to monitor output and have made sure this setting is default in windows sound manager AND in reaper.
Still no yellow audio signal in reaper and I made sure monitor input was on.

I'll try and upload some pictures of what I'm seeing. Like I've said, I tried with all driver settings and still no audio on Reaper.UywCArK.png

7QGRwJ7.png

5Knj3nd.png

From the middle pic, can you try selecting 2 US-4x4
I think that is the right selection for your interface? :confused:

PS; Also what shows up when you click Audio System (Where it shows Wave out) This should be the first box to open.

For best performance you should select ASIO as the driver type in the Audio System box, then choose only the TASCAM ASIO driver for your inputs and outputs.

Use headphones or monitor speakers plugged into the TASCAM audio device for monitoring.

If you opened up Reaper without the TASCAM 4x4 plugged into the computer, Reaper probably auto switched to the built in soundcard's driver to enable playback.

Thanks for the pics. You definitely have the wrong System and Driver selected.

Try this : - - and make sure you click OK, not Apply.

xYkcNmF.jpg

Last edited:
Back