DAW newbie wants to access his old tracks from D1600

Brightwhite

Hi

I've been using a Korg D1600 for the last 17 years and I have piles and piles of CDs with backed up work from that time. Trouble is, when you introduce these CDs to a computer, it doesn't recognise them. I'm now using Studio One and I'm wondering if there is a software that can convert 17 years of work into usable files on my new DAW?

BTW, to make life even more complicated, I have sold the Korg.

Hi

I've been using a Korg D1600 for the last 17 years and I have piles and piles of CDs with backed up work from that time. Trouble is, when you introduce these CDs to a computer, it doesn't recognise them. I'm now using Studio One and I'm wondering if there is a software that can convert 17 years of work into usable files on my new DAW?

What is the file format you are having problems with ?

Chances are somewhere there is a converter to change them to a format you can use now.

Back when I was using a D1600 years ago there used to be a forum (now defunct) dedicated to the 'D' series recorders. I have some vague recollection of some discussions about extracting data from the CD's and I think the consensus was it couldn't be done as it was some sort of proprietary compression format. .
Good luck.......

What is the record group you are having issues with ?

Odds are some place there is a converter to transform them to an organization you can utilize now.

Hi

What was the file format?
Some pcs have problems reading some CDs.

Can you play them on a CD player and record them in the PC using your DAW?

If the file format is the problem then the answer is google.
Search for your file type to wav converter.

I think the Korg D1600 uses AIFF file format.

From the manual though:

ted to the [SCSI] connector or from ISO 9660 format CD media can be imported (loaded) into the D1600. Also, audio data in the clipboard of the D1600 can be exported (written) as a WAV format file to an external DOS format (FAT 16) SCSI drive.
WAV files of the following formats can be imported. Sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz
Quantization: 8 bit, 16 bit, 24 bit
Number of channels: 1 (monaural), 2 (stereo)
Disk format: FAT 16 (DOS format), or ISO 9660 Level 1 for a CD

https://www.zikinf.com/manuels/korg-d1600-manuel-utilisateur-en-38857.pdf

Last edited:
Back