Cubase mixer console reset

er, what was the question?
I had to figure out how to erase automation in cubase mixer console stereo output because I accidently decreased and increased main volume in automation. Resetting the track only erased the inserts or effects not the automation.I went back to the mixer and held mouse left click over the fader slide through the whole track and that fixed it..Another way is to delete the stereo output and load another one and the automation in the mixer is erased for the stereo output only.But you end up having to reassign all the audio tracks to the new stereo output.(time consuming)

Hopefully, it was an hour and a half long opus you were holding the mouse button through.

When you record automation on the Stereo Out bus, it creates a track on the timeline. Expand the Volume track, Right Click and select Select All Events. Hit the Delete key.

Hopefully, it was an hour and a half long opus you were holding the mouse button through.

When you record automation on the Stereo Out bus, it creates a track on the timeline. Expand the Volume track, Right Click and select Select All Events. Hit the Delete key.
Stereo in and out are somehow in the main screen in cubase so you can reset it or delete it(volume automation from there).

Don't know Cubase that well (got Ess 6) but in Samplitude you can "Save Complete Project in" and when son was here he would save an original recording there so he always had the original, untouched track(s) to go back to.

Moot?

Dave.

Clicking to reveal the automation is something easy to miss but chilli has the spot on answer. I too spent entire running time holding the fader till I realised it.

Clicking to reveal the automation is something easy to miss but chilli has the spot on answer. I too spent entire running time holding the fader till I realised it.

I'd be remiss if I didn't say I did too. :D

I'm a big fan of automation, learning to edit automation points made it much easier and more exact than pushing faders. I still get a laugh when people say something like, "I'm old-school; I gotta have my hands on the faders."

Back