creating a stereo file

wonderwanda

Hello again... I am using a digital 4 track PXR4 recorder. What I am trying to acomplish is this...I finished recording...now I want to mix and create a stereo file. I looked in the manual for instructions and it told me to bounce tracks.

I am only trying to create 2 tracks(voice and background music) into one.
I set up with USB to connect to computer. When playing it back, I could only hear one track. In other words, my voice got lost in the dust. when I went in to look at the files, they were all there, just not into one. Is anyone familiar with how to resolve the problem.

The tech guys at (oh i won't mention any names) the place I bought the 4 track recorder, never returned my call. Hopefully someone here can help...THANKS

Try SOLOing your vocal track and your instrumental track. Then, ARM a blank track and RECORD them onto that empty track.

wonderwanda said:

1. .... I am using a digital 4 track PXR4 recorder. ...

2. ....I set up with USB to connect to computer. ....

1. I'm not familiar with that piece (try to post me a link to it).

2. I am not understanding something??????????? Please, explain your complete set-up. ;)

wonderwanda said:

I am only trying to create 2 tracks(voice and background music) into one.
I set up with USB to connect to computer. When playing it back, I could only hear one track. when I went in to look at the files, they were all there, just not into one. Is anyone familiar with how to resolve the problem.

I didn't know your stuff and what your set. But I can tell by the way you explain your problem that you record one track of music and one track of voice. Dump 'em into PC via USB and it recorded as 2 tracks in one audio file... am I right ? and you only hear one track being played. I didn't know either what was your software to record 'em. But if you use usual multitrack wave recorder (Lets say... CoolEdit, SoundForge, Wavelab, etc.) then you can make sure you hear 'em both by checking mute/unmute or solo/unsoloing the tracks. Mix into stereo is not only about Left and Right. Each track here need to be mixed/blended (decoded) so can be heard in both left and right channels. Set the volume level of each tracks, and so on... It would be easier to figure and help if you suply complete info about your set and apps... :rolleyes:

Back