Connect Korg Kaoss Pad Mini s2 to Phonic am 220p mixer to use it on Reason 11 ???

sand

hello everyone i am new and i don't understand anything about mixer and wiring, in fact this is my first mixer.

I have a phonic am 220p mixer and a korg kaoss pad mini s2 that I would like to use as effects on my tracks composed on reason 11 on the pc.

i would like to understand how to make the correct connections between mixer, kaoss pad mini s2 and pc.

maybe like this: mini jack line into kaoss pad >>> jack 6.3 channel 5/6 mixer + rca out mixer to jack pc?

or: mini jack line in kaoss pad >>> rca in mixer + rca out mixer to jack pc?

sorry for the ignorance on the subject and thanks to those who will help me :D

I cannot find out much about the Korg pad mini but the Phonic mixer is "just a mixer" like scores of similar others.

Do you want to use the Korg as an 'effect'? If so feed it from the AUX out jack on the mixer and return to one of the line inputs.

If you just want to output of the Korg into the mixer, you just need the correct cable. You mentioned "mini jack"? Is that a stereo plug? If so you will need a 3.5mm plug to TWO 6.35mm MONO jack plugs to go into the line inputs of one channel of the mixer.

The instruction manual for the mixer should give you all the information you need. Just remember, you can do NO harm if you get connections wrong. Might buzz a bit or no sound but no smoke.

Dave.

I cannot find out much about the Korg pad mini but the Phonic mixer is "just a mixer" like scores of similar others.

Do you want to use the Korg as an 'effect'? If so feed it from the AUX out jack on the mixer and return to one of the line inputs.

If you just want to output of the Korg into the mixer, you just need the correct cable. You mentioned "mini jack"? Is that a stereo plug? If so you will need a 3.5mm plug to TWO 6.35mm MONO jack plugs to go into the line inputs of one channel of the mixer.

The instruction manual for the mixer should give you all the information you need. Just remember, you can do NO harm if you get connections wrong. Might buzz a bit or no sound but no smoke.

Dave.

hi, thank you very much for the reply :thumbs up:

I would like to use the kaoss pad mini 2s as an effect for my tracks composed on reason 11 on the pc.

I searched and read some information on the link to make, I wanted to ask you if this is correct:

1) pc (headphone input) to kaoss pad (line in) - 1 jack 3.5 to 1 jack 3.5 -

2) kaos pad out to mixer (channel 3/4) - 1 jack 3.5 to 2 jack 6.3 -

3) rca out mixer to pc (mic input) - 2 rca to 1 jack 3.5 -

4) headphones to headphones mixer

I am attaching the diagram in the image 1qw.jpg

thanks, sand.

Whilst that setup probably could be made to work (and there is no harm in trying) I doubt it will be ideal. You will be using the internal soundcard in the laptop, never the best idea and using dinky, fragile 3.5mm jacks to boot. There is also the complication that the laptop source will be stereo but, AFAICT the rest of the system mono, a situation that generally causes confusion.

Problem, my quick look at the mixer saw "USB" and I had assumed it was likemany such mixers in that it could act as a basi interface sending signals to and from the PC via USB. The Phonic does not seem to have that capability.

You would find your musical endevours far easier with an Audio Interface. The mixer will still be useful but routing signals far simpler.

If budget is a problem you could try the very basic Behringer UCA 202 a line level (-10dBV) interface costing around $30 but which gives remarkably good results. More money wil get you more inputs and facilities but do look into the market carefully and ASK HERE before splashing any cash!

Dave.

Whilst that setup probably could be made to work (and there is no harm in trying) I doubt it will be ideal. You will be using the internal soundcard in the laptop, never the best idea and using dinky, fragile 3.5mm jacks to boot. There is also the complication that the laptop source will be stereo but, AFAICT the rest of the system mono, a situation that generally causes confusion.

Problem, my quick look at the mixer saw "USB" and I had assumed it was likemany such mixers in that it could act as a basi interface sending signals to and from the PC via USB. The Phonic does not seem to have that capability.

You would find your musical endevours far easier with an Audio Interface. The mixer will still be useful but routing signals far simpler.

If budget is a problem you could try the very basic Behringer UCA 202 a line level (-10dBV) interface costing around $30 but which gives remarkably good results. More money wil get you more inputs and facilities but do look into the market carefully and ASK HERE before splashing any cash!

Dave.

What would be the most correct setup?

sorry, I have just searched for the Behringer UCA 202 and I must say it is perfect for my needs! :listeningmusic:

thank you very much for helping! :thumbs up:

sorry, I have just searched for the Behringer UCA 202 and I must say it is perfect for my needs! :listeningmusic:

thank you very much for helping! :thumbs up:

Well, "perfect" it ain't but I am sure you wil find it useful. There can be some tricks and fiddles setting it up in W10 so come back if you get stumped,
I must say however you seem to be more proficient than I with a computer? I am just an old, retired valve amp tech!

Dave.

Well, "perfect" it ain't but I am sure you wil find it useful. There can be some tricks and fiddles setting it up in W10 so come back if you get stumped,
I must say however you seem to be more proficient than I with a computer? I am just an old, retired valve amp tech!

Dave.

hey Dave tell me if this is the correct setuppc.jpg

hey Dave tell me if this is the correct setupView attachment 107395

As I understand things, you want to send audio to the Korg, 'FX' it then record the result? Therefore I would send audio from the UCA RCAs to the mixer, send that out via AUX send then return to one or two mixer line inputs. Output mixer, RCAs could be good, into the UCA ro record an another track(s).

N.B. You might need "ASIO4ALL" to set this up on the PC. I am not familiar with Reason, I can barely use Samplitude and Audacity!

Have fun.

Dave.

As I understand things, you want to send audio to the Korg, 'FX' it then record the result? Therefore I would send audio from the UCA RCAs to the mixer, send that out via AUX send then return to one or two mixer line inputs. Output mixer, RCAs could be good, into the UCA ro record an another track(s).

N.B. You might need "ASIO4ALL" to set this up on the PC. I am not familiar with Reason, I can barely use Samplitude and Audacity!

Have fun.

Dave.

Thank you very much Dave and thanks for your time

Back