Condenser Mic Peak and Distorted

Frong Mana

Hello guys so I bought a condenser mic and it's signal really hot . It hard to record or use. when I recorded the PEAK indicator always on even though I turn gain knob all the way off its still Peak And When I Recorded Vocal and guitar together the audio its distorted. Please help me.

Welcome, Frong!

Which brand and model mic are you using? What kind of cable - describe connections on both ends of cable. What are you plugging your cable into to record - Phone; Computer card; Audio Interface?

I strongly suspect this chap has a USB mic and he has Record Gain AND Mic Boost set to maximum in Windows Sounds and Devices.

Dave.

Hello man so I use a Modified Bm800 . the circuit its has 2 transistors 2 capacitors and 1 resistor.

My connection
Condenser mic > Handmade XLR-XLR cable > Audio interface mixer and 48+ from mixer > to computer .

---------- Update ----------

So I turn the gain knob on my mixer all the way off but it still peak

Hello man so I use a Modified Bm800 . the circuit its has 2 transistors 2 capacitors and 1 resistor.

My connection
Condenser mic > Handmade XLR-XLR cable > Audio interface mixer and 48+ from mixer > to computer .

---------- Update ----------

So I turn the gain knob on my mixer all the way off but it still peak

Modified How?! I have a BM-800 (as does my son in France) and they both work fine. Mine into a Native Instruments KA6 his into a Soundcraft 8fx mixer or a Berry UMC404HD. I have tried mine directly into a laptop's mic jack, again good results.

I suspect the "mod" has made electronics 'open loop' or/and the mic is faulty. The latter being the more likely since although these mics are staggering V4M when they work, there have been a lot of reports that they don't!

(why choose a BM to mod? It may not be a silk purse but is rather better than a sow's lug!)

Dave.

The mod output does not have an isolating capacitor and could well be upsetting the DC conditions of the mixer's input.

Dave.

My connection
How is the single-ended circuit of this 'mod' being connected through an XLR cable which presumably has 48v phantom?

I'm of the impression this mod is not intended to be used for a balanced connection (such as the mixer would have), but used with an XLR to 1/8"(3.5mm) cable to a computer or other device such as a camcorder that provides plugin power bias. The inclusion of the 9v battery in the schematic doesn't appear to be shown in the pic of the mic guts with the mod.

Back