Commonly used sayings that should be song lyrics?

My line is 'WTF is wrong with people?'

Its like life is a movie theater, and we are all projecting our life movies onto the same screen. The same time. It makes no sense. What is real? Is it your 'life movie' playing or mine, superimposed on top of yours.

anyways, I love this style of recording..Where is this in freq range dynamically? So simple . Or is it. I can hear it in my bone marrow.

YouTube

Like a 3-4khz boost, and cut everything below 1k. Cut everything above 16k? Lofi it with static and hiss. End result amazing.

Last edited:
This is the base I am using for the song tomorrow? Gonna add guitar and bass, not sure why. Yeah, I gotta try singing it too. Neil's voice is sooooo cool. 808 structured rhythm with Roland Fantom SRX preset 'Epic strings'. 70 BPM. Figure Ill do the leads on the guitar. Ill try to borrow a viola, I can try the SM58 on that with a bow. Should be easy. Emulate the guitar onto the viola. Piece of cake. 2 hours tops. 4 strings how hard can it be. 2 at a time for chords..Ill google the tuning to be sure.

Any suggestions at all on how to get into that treble space?

Dudes say anything, I have no clue anyhows. All I know is no presets sound like that. The Fantom is no synth its a sampler. Its all presets. Only looking for ideas to try. I play the youtube video and my clip at 1:20 seconds into the youtube vid, same time. It matched. Kinda. Sonically. BPM needs to be adjusted.

Flowersbase808 by Mark C | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Figured out this much of it. It probably just repeats or they use backwards masking. hahahah covid humor.

C
G
You don't bring me flowers

C
F
You don't sing me love songs

F C

You hardly talk to me anymore

Dm F

When you come thru the door

F G

At the end of the day

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you're trying to show here.... 13 seconds of megaphone vocals? 6 seconds of muffled megaphone vocals? Barbra Streisand after a sex change operation?

Its all very confusing.

Just bring the girl some flowers and be done with it!

Vocals are cut 1000hz -5000hz. The highs are artificially flavored with static and white noise. Like an old radio in between stations. I said I didnt know how they did it.

They are a couple of odd birds. Odd birds are my people.

I have to try something, because nobody is telling me shit. Why would I record more than 10-15 seconds of something? I only need to see if it matches.

"To be an inventor, you have to be willing to live with a sense of uncertainty, to work in this darkness."

Ray Dolby

If something is wrong , what you guys keep doing it. Morons.

I blame the schools. They were disgraceful, churches too.

Last edited:
2. The room isn't as good.

Look at the bright side. If one of my songs ever makes it to the radio, it will sound EXACTLY like what's on the radio, except for the EQ changes, compressor and limiter, and bandwidth changes made by the radio station!

How much difference does the room make? How much can it improve the sound I can make?

This was the question i was asking myself. So I needed to do a base room sample. Sing a song in my room with an acoustic should do it. This not very practiced but a good base run for the room I need to play in.

How bad are these reflections from my room? There is one dry wall, one brick wall, one pine wood wall, half carpet , half tile, uneven ceiling...

mics in omni because notcardio.

Kidrock by Mark C | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Acoustic - 001 by Mark C | Free Listening on SoundCloud

This is the public forum to discuss home recording ?

YOU HAVE BEEN RECRUITED BY THE STAR LEAGUE, TO DEFEND THE FRONTIER, AGAINST ZUR AND THE KODAN ARMADA.

Tron fights for the users.

Last edited:
There is a natural order to this world, and those who try to upend it do not fare well. This movement will never survive; if you join them, you and your entire family will be shunned. At best, you will exist a pariah to be spat at and beaten-at worst, to be lynched or crucified. And for what? For what? No matter what you do it will never amount to anything more than a single drop in a limitless ocean.

What is an ocean but a multitude of drops?

Alas, the drops have fallen within a cave, deep and dark and echoing from wall to wall, awash with indistinction. Floyd is destined to lay forever in the darkness. Only with control and carefully placed steps can the true colors of the Pink shine.

Dude your gonna push it to a point where I m gonna hunt engineers to kill them for sport. Only a secret keeper that is obsolete, and needs removal from the (home recording)system.

It is all nothing in the computer. It should be a one button operation. There is no reason for all the VSTs. The only reason it doesnt do everything correct is because somebody wants it this way.

make a hit machine! Band in a box. Think of the money you'd make with a one button hit machine!!
Single button operation magic box. Use radio ready samples. Copy it from the current artists cause they probably stole it from someone else.

have one progression be,
G C D

one
D A Bm G

one
E A D

E C#m B A
etc.

shuffleable and reversible
Add capo function to slide around chose the intruments

Master BPM it on an elastic sound engine

The metronome could automatically assign a styled beat to the measure based on peaks.

Then you would only add cymbals for frosting.

The vocoder could automatically choose a voice melody based on trending google search results.
It could have an international database.

All effects would be controlled by the MCP. Only Tron could understand it.

You could make hits all day long! Take hits all day long!

It would be simple enough for my neice and nephew, like 14 and under crowd. Dont have too many choices . But make it radio quality samples.

Make hits all day. Keep hittin that one single button. Hit after hit.

"dont pray for an easy life, Pray to endure a difficult one" Bruce Lee

Ok, how's this one.

I've been working on getting this little shortie down. Keep forgetting the words (old age?) so this morning, I set up a couple of mics (Studio Projects B3 on guitar at 12th fret and MXL V67G for vocal). I did a few hand claps so you could hear the "echo" of the room (basement, 2 paneled walls, 2 stucco, carpet and drop ceiling... nothing fancy).

I did two run thrus before I got one without a flub, so I cut the 1st flub out. Everything else is flat, no big EQ or VSTs. A guitar and a crappy singer is all you get.

I'm sure with a little massaging, I can make it sound better, but it doesn't have that "record with an I-phone" sound that I hear SO MUCH with all the Live From Home stuff that is getting put on TV from "stars" who probably have $50,000 of recording gear in the basement.

Attachments

• April Come She Will Raw Track.mp3
    4 MB · Views: 41
make a hit machine! Band in a box. Think of the money you'd make with a one button hit machine!!
Single button operation magic box. Use radio ready samples. Copy it from the current artists cause they probably stole it from someone else.

have one progression be,
G C D

one
D A Bm G

one
E A D

E C#m B A
etc.

shuffleable and reversible
Add capo function to slide around chose the intruments

Master BPM it on an elastic sound engine

The metronome could automatically assign a styled beat to the measure based on peaks.

Then you would only add cymbals for frosting.

The vocoder could automatically choose a voice melody based on trending google search results.
It could have an international database.

All effects would be controlled by the MCP. Only Tron could understand it.

You could make hits all day long! Take hits all day long!

It would be simple enough for my neice and nephew, like 14 and under crowd. Dont have too many choices . But make it radio quality samples.

Make hits all day. Keep hittin that one single button. Hit after hit.

"dont pray for an easy life, Pray to endure a difficult one" Bruce Lee

I thought you wanted to play and record music.

Ringo said it best... "It don't come easy, you know it don't come easy."

Paul Simon.... 1965 from the Sounds of Silence album. I wish I could write something half that nice!

I tend to pick up S&G and CSN a lot for fingerpicking. There's lots to work with just from those.

To try something. If I went out side on my patio. Used a wind screen would that work? Get rid of the wall reflections?

Back