Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Commonly used sayings that should be song lyrics?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Well it sounds fancy. Well done Rich. Be proud.

To try and get that chimey ness with my P420 I have dimed the highs and cut the lows on the Red3 EQ. How else does one get rid of the empty kitchen sound? Low cut.

Last edited by LazerBeakShiek; 1 Week Ago at 07:31.

Thanks

Beautiful woman she is.

Thanks
    This is the same acoustic, from the others, but I switched to the NT-1A. This is from 12" away between the 12th and sound hole.

All setting on all these are at 0 or neutral. No effects. No pad. I put the gain in the middle as suggested.

20200529_171541-jpg

Is this better results than the P420 on Omni? I used omni mode thinking my voice and the instrument were different sources and I wanted all to be recorded. Omni = all.

Love is like a story book story , but it is real as the feelings I feel.
    Last edited by LazerBeakShiek; 5 Days Ago at 00:06.

Thanks
    That sounds much better, better control and more air on the highs. I think its closer to what you want. You just need to play with the mic to find the sweet spot for that guitar. FWIW, mine is a Taylor 310ce. I like the Taylor sound vs a Martin because they are a bit more "crisp"

I didn't even consider putting the B3 into omni mode. I have used the pair before in MS configuration but that was years ago.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TalismanRich View Post
    That sounds much better, better control and more air on the highs. I think its closer to what you want. You just need to play with the mic to find the sweet spot for that guitar. FWIW, mine is a Taylor 310ce. I like the Taylor sound vs a Martin because they are a bit more "crisp"

I didn't even consider putting the B3 into omni mode. I have used the pair before in MS configuration but that was years ago.
    I used to have a Big Baby (I miss that guitar) that was great for being in a mix for that very reason. A slightly percussive crispness. I think using Elixers helped too. Something about that combination.
    "One thing led to another and, before we knew it, we were dead." --Michael O'Donoghue

Thanks
    No on omni, ok. Sat I will get at it again. I moved everything into the center of the room to stop bass reflections. Switched to the NT-1a.

A video for Reaper VSTs was pretty interesting too. Are you familiar with using ReaXComp? It is a 4 band or more compressor, that can be used similar to the old dolby 362. It looks like that VST can help with the empty kitchen sound.

My acoustic is a peice of junk $90 Ovation. No matter.

20200528_210256-jpg

Thanks
    I've played some really nice Ovations years ago. You don't see them much around my neck of the woods anymore.

A couple of guys that I knew that played them said the great thing about an Ovation was that if it sounded good, it ALWAYS sounded good. It didn't seem to age like a lot of wooden guitars.

Thanks
    That Ovation has been travelled. I took it to the mountains. The coasts. Even the Islands.

If it was an expensive guitar I wouldnt have taken it. Man, to chill in the mountains. Playing my favorite tunes. Watching that big sunset behind the bigs.

truth-jpg

Thread Information