Commonly used sayings that should be song lyrics?

I have no idea what you mean by the number of graduating lines. You do understand what a log scale looks like, right? Human perception is logarithmic in nature, so its appropriate to graph it that way.

So why are you running two EQ curves on the same track?

In one of my posts I had inquired about getting the same 'air' or treble space as the 2 youtube videos.

I had dimed out the Red2 EQ. Still wasnt there yet. So I switched to 2 x ReaEQ's and ran them in series.

Sounds like it multiplies the Q, so each EQ only needs a couple of 2db bump in a certain area , and it works together and makes more range. Hi end.

I get the best results with no effects.

Seriously, I want to know why they don't just make it sound like tghe radio already.

You bought the interface, ooops you need the VSTs. You buy the VST, and then its you need a chain. Oh wait then its your not using the chain right. It is all nothing in the computer anyways..

My god make it simple. One button. Don't tell me you cannot get it made.

Ill be back at it on Sat. I have a couple ideas to try. Mostly centering on amp and mic placement.

Last edited:
Reasons I could think of as to why things I record don't sound like what's on the radio:

1. The source material isn't as good.
2. The room isn't as good.
3. My ears aren't as good.
4. I don't play and sing as good.

There's a reason why George Martin, Eddie Kramer, Tom Dowd, Rick Rubin, Quincy Jones, Mutt Lange and others make good money recording people.

Look at the bright side. If one of my songs ever makes it to the radio, it will sound EXACTLY like what's on the radio, except for the EQ changes, compressor and limiter, and bandwidth changes made by the radio station!

2. The room isn't as good.

Ok, you might have a point. A dry wall north wall. Brick wall east. Pine wood paneling south wall. Half tile floor, half carpet.

---------- Update ----------

3. My ears aren't as good.

Yaeh my ears are ringing. Always, im old.

---------- Update ----------

As the question of talent...I got it where it counts. Not looking to be those guys. I am being me. I think that there is something to the process I am missing to get the radio ready result. I want to be proud of something I recorded, and have no interest in business.

When I was with Jack in the studio, I played his guitar. Sang through the same microphone. The recorded information in Protools was radio ready. Its right there, but hard to find.

I want to find that again..

YouTube

In the 80's with Thomas and Babylon, his white LP Jr had so much presence and sizzle with every power chord. I have no clue what he used.

To actually play their equipment at show gain was enlightning. I thought, but how!

Thomas gave the lessons , everybody was anchored there. He was the head vampire. Take him out , you free the rest. Yeah, Andy played drums with Jack back then, Andy took lessons from Thomas.

Thomas from Babylon was the KINGPIN! in all this. So many bands and artists can be traced back to the lessons he gave in the 80's. It was some sort of publicity ride or something. A set up?

This guy!
YouTube

Last edited:
Dude, most of the time I record the rake of a single A chord...Source matterial isnt as good?

I must be listening to the wrong station! :listeningmusic: None of them plays just a A chord.

Have you listened to any of the isolated tracks that are posted all over the internet? THEY don't sound like what's on the radio because they aren't in context. Add in the rest of the band and get the mix right and PRESTO!

Unfortunately there was a laptop failure, I lost all my recorded data for Reaper. I would be able to share a folder full of every mic and amp combination I had, A chord only. ( 3 amps and 5 mics)

Most videos I watch on youtube are not that good. They often start with the tracks already recorded and that is unfair. There was one with a guy from Blink 182 I think. It was awesome.

When I isolate or leave in the mix, it sounds similar enough to know when its correct.

From song to song on the radio, it seems there similar limits to every song beyond the -16 LUFs standard. Like a formula or base stencile is used to create every song. I was normalizing all my tracks at one point. Perhaps that is part of it, but I was told not to do that. Guitars should be leveled here, so you normalize to the set guitar level. Bass should be here, and normalize the bass to that stenciled level.

It is not like that is it? But how can each song be so similar in volume and fullness then? Even having a genre ?

Last edited:
Is Adam wrong?

'All those fairtales are full of shit
one more fuckin love song Ill be sick...'

I'm at a payphone...Baby its all wrong..

Last edited:
My line is 'WTF is wrong with people?'

You're welcome.

BTW, would you send me some of whatever it is you're having today? Apparently I'm in need.

Exostential, Poppies Poppies Poppies!

hmm

These are not the smoke able flowers. Indeed they are poppies.

I would never intend to smoke the flowers i grow.

poppy.jpg

Last edited:
Back