Can't hear Cubase AI 4 through computer speakers

PROGram

Newbie here!(Sorry guys my first post is an annoying question) So I've recently gotten into home recording and I started out with a Yamaha Audiogram 6 coupled with Cubase AI 4 software for my computer. I'm able to hear myself through the phones output jack on the external Yamaha interface but when I plug headphones/speakers into my computer I cannot hear myself playing and I can't hear playback. So basically no sound from Cubase with my phones going into the computer. It's not super important but I'd just like to know in case I ever lose my 3.5 mm to 1/4 converter and I don't feel like going to the nearest electronics store to buy a new one. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated!

Don't plug your headphones into the computer. The Audiogram replaces the internal soundcard. You record and playback through the interface. Keep your headphones plugged in there. Also plug your monitors from the output on the back. You will need to buy adapters if you are running computer speakers as monitors. Basically everything you used to use your computer sound for will be replaced by the Yamaha interface.

BTW, that knob labeled DAW likely controls the output from computer audio.

I am assuming you have already selected your interface in Cubase. If not, then let's get you set up correctly.

:)

Welcome to HR!

Oh I didn't realize the interface replaced my soundcard when plugged in. Thank you that should solve a few more problems I have. Excuse my newbiness im very new to this home recording thing.

Oh I didn't realize the interface replaced my soundcard when plugged in. Thank you that should solve a few more problems I have. Excuse my newbiness im very new to this home recording thing.

No problem man. We have all been there. :)

Back