Cant export mixdown? Audition 5.5

metcalfdj2012

Okay I just upgraded from Audition 3.0, in which I have made multiple songs. I recorded a full song in Audition 5.5, and when I went to export the mixdown, the Time Selection and Entire Session were both grayed out. I clicked on the time selection tool and highlighted all of the tracks within the recorded zone, and it then let me Export mixdown for the time selected. But when I clicked on the file for playback, there was no audio, but it was for the amount of time that I had selected.

Am I missing something here or do I have to save the audio another way before it will let me export the completed song?

This is very aggrivating so any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

DJ

Hi metcalfdj2012,

I am also having the same problem. How did you solve this? I will name you as super genius if you can tell me the answer. I have been trying to get it to work for 3 days. I had no problem with earlier version of audition.

Asimov

Hi metcalfdj2012,

I have worked out how to do it now. So I thought I would post my solution so that it may help others.

On each track you have an output. Now usually this is set to your output speaker, or whatever you are outputting to.
What you need to do is to change this to Master, then exporting via mixdown will work as it is supposed to.

If you are not sure what I am talking about, then let me know and I can help further.

regards
Asimov

Back