Can you drag tracks freely in Acid XPress?

matt's bedroom

Hi,

Hoping someone can help. I recently downloaded Acid XPress in order to mix some tracks that had previously been recorded onto cassette.

You see, I recorded the guitar and vox separately onto tape, and then I converted the separate tracks from analogue to digital into wav files.

Now I want to mix these tracks in Acid to create the song. However, to do this I need to be able to drag the tracks freely so that I can hear when they are in time with each other.

I don't want to use the tempo grid, which only allows me to drag to the beginning of each measure. This is useless to me, because the measures in the song don't correspond with the measures on the grid, and I've got no reason for them to.

I just want to be able to drag the guitar and vox tracks manually until they are in sync with each other. That can't be too hard, right?

Is there anyway I can do this in Acid, i.e. is there any way to drag the tracks FREELY and not just to the beginning of each measure?
Or should I download something else (that's free)?

I've used Cool Edit before and I seem to remember that I could drag the tracks freely with that.

Thanks for your help,

Matt

well im not sure exactly what you mean
but if you dbl. click on the .wav file
acid will create a new track for each song
then you just lay it out with the pencil tool
and you can then move each track seprately to correspond with the other, and vice versa

and also in acid express, you wont be able to save your project, if i remember correctly...

hope this helps
peace
LB

Thanks for your help, but what I mean is this.

The pencil tool only lets you drag a track to where a time interval begins (a bar begins, or whatever it's supposed to be).

It doesn't let you drag a track just a tiny amount forward to a space in-between bars.

That's what I want to do.

So I'm asking if there's a way of working without the time grid, so that I can move the tracks freely rather than in intervals.

Hope that's clearer.

Matt

oh i see

well then the snapping option is enabled

if you uncheck snap to
it wont follow the set grid spacing

its under your options tab (at least in acid 3-4 its under there)

peace
LB

Back