Can I use M Box 2 Pro for garageband and Logic?

hobbit rock

....see, I was all set to get an M-Audio 610 to go with my new iMac, but apparently they don't work well together. In fact, it seems to be an awful combination....silly me. But, I need Pro Tools one way or another, so maybe it's gotta be the M Box 2 Pro. I just want to be able to use it with Logic as well. I don't know if that's possible.

It should be. an interface is an interface (except when it comes to protools, that picky little ... well you know)

Just make sure you have the Mbox set as the main audio device in windows (or mac) and in logic and you should be good to go.

Thanks. I've been on message boards all weekend. I'm completely fried. Never thought it would be this difficult to match gear up with a budget of $2500.00.

I'm pretty sure that it does, I just read about it in a book that I got. Pro tools wont work with other interfaces but the interface will work with other programs. I not 100% sure, but I think so.

Thanks. I've been on message boards all weekend. I'm completely fried. Never thought it would be this difficult to match gear up with a budget of $2500.00.

Well this is the place for you to learn. The people here are kind, insightful, and very helpful.

I've seen alot of other boards that are full of elitist and ,frankly, assholes.

so that said, welcome to the board! :D

Well this is the place for you to learn. The people here are kind, insightful, and very helpful.

I've seen alot of other boards that are full of elitist and ,frankly, assholes.

so that said, welcome to the board! :D

I appreciate that, man. Yeah I dig this site....found it when I was digging around for info on my Tascam 424 MK2 (which I'd still like to throw in the signal chain of the new digital set up.) I have a lot of questions so I'm sure I'll be on here a lot.

Really? Did you get the 610 so you could run M powered PT or just because it was the one you chose?

The two main reasons were that I wanted a firewire interface so that I could power the unit from the firewire port and save space on my powerboard, and that I wanted more than one mic input (although I didn't need lots of inputs). I was tossing up between the Profire 600 and the Edirol FA-66 it was just a case of finding a better price on the Profire.

I'm fairly new to the world of home recording (I've always recorded in professional studios with very helpful engineers, so this is a learning experience for me), so I'm going to be honest and say that I don't know what "M powered PT " is. I hope it means "Microwave powered Pop Tarts", because I am feeling rather peckish :)

Last edited:
Back