Can I mount a Rode N1 to a photography tripod?

DigitalGee

I'm a newbie, and I wasn't sure which subforum this question might otherwise belong, so I'll ask here.

I've set up my walk-in closet as my booth, with lots of clothes and three clothes racks with big, thick bedspreads on them as well, and it's noticeably different and better than the sound treatment I was able to get in my office.

I record on a Zoom H5, and will be getting a Rode NT1 soon to use rather than the x/y kit that comes with the Zoom. My previous passion was photography, so I have 3-4 tripods from light-weight to heavy-weight models. I'd like to mount the Rode to one of these, if that's possible. It won't bother me if I'm operating without a boom arm, because I can just set up the mic/tripod in a good position and leaving it there.

So, my newbie question is simple: can I mount the Rode on a tripod? Pros and cons? I'm trying to avoid another purchase if I can. Thanks!

I believe this insert would thread into the 5/8" shockmount thread. Its center thread is either 1/4" or 3/8" depending on the orientation.
Auray 5/8" Male to 3/8" & 1/4"-20 Female Combo Reversible Thread Adapter

Depending on the tripod you have, some tripod quick release plates may have a 3/8" option for larger medium format cameras. I won't say most, but many mics will come with a 3/8" insert adapter for the mic clip or shockmount and that could be used if you should have 3/8" capability on the tripod.

Back