call me idiot...

bmorris

but I read posts about mixers and the likes. I use an Akai DPS16 digital multitracker that has a 3 band parametric eq. Is most of the terminology used that refers to mixing more along the line of analog? Or should the same general principles apply to my board? Also is a 3 band eq dedicated enough to actually provide for a good mixdown? Pardon if I sound a bit misinformed, but hey...in large part I am???

-Humble-

The principles are the same either way. Is that EQ on each channel or just the master buss? It's pretty handy to have a parametric on each channel to really dial in the right sound.

The principals are basicly the same, just don't let the peak meters hit the red in digital, otherwise its pretty similar. A three band EQ isn't a lot more than a bass/mid/treble to work with, something with at least five bands per chanel is the least I would recomend, that way you have more room to play with your sound and get more of what you want.

thanx to all the idiots...

but really, I do have eq on each channel but as was suggested, it seems that I am limited only having a 3 band eq.

Thanx to ALL contributors...

gotta love this place...

-Humble-

Re: sweepable...

bmorris said:
refers to what exactly?
Sweepable EQ is refered to as semi-parametric EQ which means the center of the frequency to be boost or cut is sweepable or moveable. To be fully parametric not only can you sweep the frequency to be boost or cut but you can adjust the width of the area that your boosting or cutting.

Back