Buying A PA System (UPDATE!!!)

Maybe some others would know better than myself, but you're going to need to get the keyboard sounds from the laptop into the mixer. I don't know if the line/headphone out on the laptop would be the best way to go about it or if a USB audio interface would be more suitable. All I've ever had were keyboards/synths that had their own sounds which went straight to a mixer.

Maybe some others would know better than myself, but you're going to need to get the keyboard sounds from the laptop into the mixer. I don't know if the line/headphone out on the laptop would be the best way to go about it or if a USB audio interface would be more suitable. All I've ever had were keyboards/synths that had their own sounds which went straight to a mixer.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the best method is for this now that you mention it.. hmm..

Seems like an awful lot of money just for a controller. You can get a full on keyboard for the same amount or less and it will have all the midi controller functions to still run East West and other VSTi's.

Also, I'm curious if anyone ever really needs 88 keys.

But, you know, to each his own. :)

Edit: About the laptop to mixer thing. Without looking at the specs for your mixer, I bet it has a stereo line-in channel. You should be able to go from the headphone/line-out on your laptop to the line-in channel on your mixer. Use the 3.5mm to stereo 1/4" cable adaptor.

Something like this
Amazon.com: Hosa CMP-159 3.5 mm TRS to Dual 1/4" TS Stereo Breakout Cable, 10 Feet: Gateway

Seems like an awful lot of money just for a controller. You can get a full on keyboard for the same amount or less and it will have all the midi controller functions to still run East West and other VSTi's.

Also, I'm curious if anyone ever really needs 88 keys.

But, you know, to each his own. :)

And a full keyboard with sounds will likely be good to have if the laptop takes a time out for some reason.

Been a long while since I've looked at keyboards, but 88 keys (if really needed) and weighted action keys, I'd probably head to the music store and look at this for about the same money....
Korg Kross 2 88-key Synthesizer Workstation | Sweetwater

I will use it for my personal use also which I will be doing composing, so that's the other reason I wanted to buy it. I do have a Yamaha YPG-625, but its so big, bulky, and heavy, etc.

So my choices seem good enough to buy?

Hi
For the mics, consider also Sennheiser E838 and Rode M1 (used, if you like).
For speakers, used EV ZX-A1 and Italian RCF. If you find good used stuff, you can have reliable equipment for an affordable price.

Back