Buying acoustic treatment

verstft

I'm finally getting the time to treat my new mixing room.

I'm looking to buy, no time for DIY. Any idea where I should look for reasonably priced pre-made options.
4" thick 4'x2' absorption panels and some bass traps in the corners. Maybe a diffuser panel for my back wall as well.

Thank you

hi, don't buy nothing if you didn't read something about acoustic treatment.
Is going to be a waste of money.
I suggest Phillip Newell book

hi, don't buy nothing if you didn't read something about acoustic treatment.
Is going to be a waste of money.
I suggest Phillip Newell book
That's an incredibly expensive book for home studio folks that want to help their spaces. Cheapest one I found was like $90.

I think [MENTION=198091]verstft[/MENTION] has some good links, and what he said is a helpful, and probably cost effective place to start.

The missing piece is the room dimensions and size, desk/recording layout, and monitor placement. Plenty of folks here have been down this road and can comment.

The general suggestion is that the less ideal the space, the more you really need trapping. Diffusion is good for listening around the room, and if you've got some standing wave problem I suppose, but traps in front of you will mitigate that, and good placement of nearfields and your monitoring/mixing seat, along with treatment for early reflections (I'd include clouds) is not going to be money wasted IMO.

I would advise to contact the experts on the Internet, they can offer you options + some companies do 3d visualization of the room and most often it's free.

GIK's 4" panels are a great place to start. And there's an almost universal starting point -- All four corners (floor to ceiling if at all possible) and 4 high-side corners (look up to the corner, left & right to the corner, back to the corner - where the ceiling meets the wall). You absolutely can't go wrong starting there.

Back