Bringing Acoustic Tracks To Life

get2sammyb

I have wondered for a while how to go about bringing acoustic songs to life.

I am limited on funds, but I need things that fill the background a bit. They may well play the same chords as the guitar but would surely add some "boom" to the songs.

I have played about with Fruity Loops, which I really didn't like. I also used Ableton which I didn't find to amazing either. Should I persist with these or look at something else. Also what sort of VST's should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance.

Yo Sammy who has got TWO: :D

Try using some stage reverb for starters.

Yamaha makes very good reverb stuff. Also, you can get good ambience from Lexicon, Alesis, [not the nano] and other boxes.

Thing with reverb is that beginners want to pump it up because it sounds so cool. Well, some very big records were made with pumped up reverb to create a special effect, either vocal or instrumental. Sooooo, the thing is to use some reverb and some delay but you need to try several mixes to see what comes out best for YOUR ears.

Some synths have patches that have reverb; thus, that patch doesn't need much additional ambience, especially the newer synths.

Drums, do not need much reverb--they are dynamic; but I speak from using a drum machine which has patches that have been created with some reverb.

But, the craft is is the hands of the crafter--YOU>

Just don't over-pump reverb as it will muddle your sounds and vocals.

Happy summer,

Green Hornet :D

HHHHOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm afraid I won't be making it to Jamfest this time around, so our long-awaited phone chat will have to wait another damn year!!!! Just wanted to say well done on yet another spectacularly good piece of advice all round. I have nothing to add to it.

A very happy summer to you also, and may all your flying stingers be of the colour of leaves (that's an old Chinese proverb about Green Hornets).

'Noisedude' Nik :D

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODUDE:

Nik:

"I have never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back." Zsa Zsa Gabor

Thanks for touching base. I'm jamming on the golf course most every day; need to get back into the studio and do some stuff. But, golf, the bar afterwards, the waitresses, the bar, the golf the waitresses, and waitresses, and....[I'm getting redundant.]

You have a great summer too.

Green Hornet
:D

Back