The "BOSS VT-1 VOICE TRANSFORMER" vs. "The DIGITECH VOCAL 300" Which one is bet

dekayez

The "BOSS VT-1 VOICE TRANSFORMER" vs. "The DIGITECH VOCAL 300" Which one is bet

Im really searching for info on the net but cant find ANYTHING concerning these products. Ima recording artist who wants a vocal processor, but i dont know which one of these 2 to buy. (BOSS VT-1 and DIGITECH VOCAL 300) What i basically want to know is, 1. Which offers better effects, 2. Which has better quality in sound, 3. Which gives you more control and versaltility, 4. Which is the better value, 5. Which one is superior over all. To give more info, im looking for a processor that can give me 3 effects at once. (A deep voice, my voice, and a high pitch voice all at once)
Can either of thses processors do that? Thanks for your help :)

Yo DeKayez:

I can offer you a couple of ways to decide which unit is better.

First, go to a vendor and audition both units, even if you have to take a Greyhound.

The other way would be to rent both units for a month; some vendors do rent. You would have to start calling the 800 numbers and ask.

It might cost a few bucks to rent but you would be using your ears and finding out from the manuals how looney the writers are who write manuals.

I've ordered gear without auditioning it but always with the vendor telling me I can send it back within ten/twenty days and only lose 10% or 15% for restocking. Good vendors will do this; others, well, buyer beware.

Green Hornet

:D :D :p

I've also used the Digitech and the problem with it may be what you're after. Some of the effects, in my opinion, are really stupid. Goat? Vocal wah-wah? Robot? Unless you're Ween or something, I can't see any professional studios every using this crap. It did have a nice sound, but you might be able to score something for cheaper that dodges the rather goofy effects.

Back