Blue Mix-Fi Headphone Issues

Bdiazmusic

Hey guys! New to the site, but hopefully someone can help me out. I started using the Blue Mix-Fi headphones a few months ago for tracking vocals and dialing in certain things in the mix. The sound quality is better than anything I've heard at that price point, but I'm having major durability issues.

The screws that hold the swivel part together (that connect the earphones to the main body of the headphones) keep stripping and causing the earphones to fall off. I'm very delicate with them, even though they should be able to handle general use, but they still seem to come apart every time I use them.

I've contacted support and even though they're covered under warranty, blue doesn't seem to have any solutions, so I'm wondering if this is a fairly common size hardware for headphones or their microphones. If so, I'm fairly confident that I could replace the screws with some similar ones and they would hold up a bit better.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!

Attachments

• MixFi1.jpeg
    MixFi1.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
Loctite the screw in. I've got a real old pair of Boze that have been drilled pinned taped soldered and epoxied and still being used.

Thanks Mark,

It's worth trying the loctite for sure! I'm also missing one of the three screws on one side which is adding pressure to that joint, so I'm still looking for replacements for the future.

Back