Best interface for guitar DI; w/ headph & monitor output, good drivers, low latency

R

rimisrandma

Best interface for guitar DI; w/ headph & monitor output, good drivers, low latency

Want an interface basically to plug a guitar into a laptop and use software modeling programs with. Also need a headphone jack and an output for powered nearfields. Stereo +4db input(s) would also be nice, but not necessary. I really DO NOT need microphone pre's....I do not have any mic's and probably never will.

Want a brand with good driver software/programs. Also want low latency, so I am guessing I will need a better brand and will not be looking at the cheapest stuff.

Budget is $300 to $800 for the sound card/ audio interface. I prefer Firewire, but usb interface suggestions are also welcome and appreciated. I would also ask for suggestions that are user friendly, intuitive design, or basically easy to use and understand as opposed to interfaces you have to be a computer programmer or research scientist to be able to use/understand.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Take a look at Line 6's POD line.

Like a UX2? It looks like one of the easiest to use. It is usb, but this does not seem to be a big issue. It would also come with pod farm and could add to what I would be able to get from Amplitube 3.

Others?

I played pac man a couple of times and it gets a bit boring, but I would probably play it again.

Back