Behringer Xenyx 1002 FX & UCA 222, MXL - How

kasiamilion

Hey everybody !

Hello!

Please help me witch my problem.

I have a mixer Behringer Xenyx 1002 FX, UCA 222 and MXL Microphone

Please tell me how should I connect this equipment to properly home recording ? What should I set up in PC ? On mixer ? On UCA ?

Please advice what to do and how to set the record by the power of normal vocal (no noise), hear a bit from a computer and heard my voice on the headphones.

Mic > mixer > UCA22 > computer

No noise? Probably not going to happen with that set up of equipment, but you can certainly get a recorded sound. You're going to need a DAW (recording software).

Read all the sticky threads at the top of this section of the forum and come back and ask some more specific questions.

Thanks for fast reply.

Im using Cool Edit Pro 2.1

Please write me how should I set up this equpipments witch cables ?

I know that:
Mxl -----> XLR input on the mixer.
UCA -----> PC USB :)
UCA -----> Mixer ?? How connect it ?

When Im set up UCA to PC I dont hear anything - but In sound settings in Windows 7 I see digital audio device that working propely.

Please write me how should I set up this equpipments witch cables ?
[snip]
UCA -----> Mixer ?? How connect it ?
Is it not completely obvious that to connect 1/4" outputs to RCA-style inputs, you will need a 1/4" to RCA-style adapter?

When Im set up UCA to PC I dont hear anything
What do you expect to hear when the mixer isn't even connected to the usb thing? I'm starting to suspect a troll...

Is it not completely obvious that to connect 1/4" outputs to RCA-style inputs, you will need a 1/4" to RCA-style adapter?

What do you expect to hear when the mixer isn't even connected to the usb thing? I'm starting to suspect a troll...

Heh.. I dont write that I connect mixer witch uca:
cd/tape Out mixer ---> In UCA
cd/tape In mixer ---> Out UCA

Mixer MAIN OUTs to the UCA input.

Ok I connect mixer with UCA:

Mixer Main Outs -----> UCA Input (connect with cable2 xRCA plus RCA To 1/4 Adaptor

Mixer CD/TAPE ------>UCA Output (cable 2xRCA)

When i push the button CD/Tape to MIX on mixer I can hear my voice from MXL, I can hear the beat from Cool edit.

In cool edit i set up record for Behringer USB.

Its everything good set up for home recording ?

You're routed all goofy. You have to separate your headphone mix from what's going to the UCA. Easiest fix is probably to turn off CD/Tape to Mix, and turn on CD/Tape to Ctrl. That should put the "beat" and the vocal in the "phones" jack on your mixer, but only send the vocal through the main outs. Then plug your headphones into the headphone jack on the mixer.

and :mad::mad: back atcha, buddy!

Last edited:
The Low Cut button is designed so that rumble from traffic, vibrations thorugh the mic stand etc are cut out. If those things are a problem by all means, use it.

Back