Behringer U-Control UCA202 and UCA222 I/F

jagd1

I'm not sure where to put this question so being "green" exscuse me if I put it here.

Has anyone had experience using either of these interfaces and if so does any one know if you can have multiple interfaces on the same PC utilising two different USB 2.0 ports.

I.E. can you use 2 x UCA202's or 2 x UCA222's or 1 x UCA202 and 1 x UCA222 on the same PC.

Any thoughts or difficulties spring to mind if you attatch them to a USB 2.0 "powered" (it's own PSU) USB hub leading to a single USB 2.0 i/f on a single machine.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Jagd1

read in the last month on one of the guitar forums (or maybe this site) someone using TWO UCA202 and it showed up as two USB Audio inputs, thus allowing recording two stereo or 4 mono tracks at once. But that was his word, and I have never read this before.
If you can buy some and return, give it a try an report

Ironically, I picked up a Behringer UFO202 this afternoon, which is the same as the UCA202, but has a built-in phono pre-amp and a Line / Phono switch and ground.
I have only tried the headphone out, and it blows out of the water the headphone out of my Sony Viao laptop running Vista.
Tomorrow I am going to try record via Line In (16/48) using my Pentium 4 desktop Xp Pro sp2. Then try connecting at same time as my Zoom G7 with USB I/O.
What will happen ? One or the other or both ... we'll see.

Thanks for that.

That would seem the logical outcome if two units can coexist. Theoretically then I presume you can have up to 4 x M-Audio 10/10LT's on the same PCI bus in the same machine so hooking up multiple cards to multiple UCA-222 interfaces would give you 4x8 Channels out (i.e. 32) and one presumes 4x2 Stereo Channels or 8 Mono Channels in, enough for a large mixing desk.

That would reason a pretty buff PC to process all the in's and out's even using the desk to do part of the mix plus a reasonably high end bit of Cubase, Ableton etc etc to achieve the desired result. Food for thought and experimentation.

Following the lead of another contributer to the forum I am contemplating building a machine based on an AMD processor, at least 8GB Ram and using Windows XP x64. I want to have the option of an external mixing desk (analog) but also using the UCA222's with a pair of M-Audio Delta 10/10LT's for Digital and Virtual Desks.

Are there any pitfalls firstly with the UCA222's and/or a pair of the M-Audio Deltas or in fact any other pitfalls in the spec so far. I'm hoping to add an external Drums unit, an external controller/keyboard, some older MIDI rack synths and a couple of stand alone keyboards. I'd like to keep all the options open.

Thanks

Jagd1

hey guys this all has helped me alot
ive really been interested in this interface and it would do me a great deal of help seeing that my soundcard is good for the garbage but would this equip work with a usb 1.1
my studio computer is a dell optiplex with windows XP pro
its a great comp however the usbs arent up to date
so im just wanting to see if this will work with a 1.1 usb

Anyone can cofirm if I can you use 2 x UCA202's or 2 x UCA222's or 1 x UCA202 and 1 x UCA222 on the same PC.

No reason why not, provided you are using a DAW.
You will be given the choice of which unit you want to use with each track when you're "Arming" them.

More than one Uc controls in a computer (PC)

Hi,

I have a Behringer Xenyx 1222 fx and the problem is to separate, correctly, one or two tacks for voices or others in recording session...
So , I send a mail to Behringer to ask if it was possible to connect more than one UC in a computer and the answer was: "It's not possible" !

So, a little voice said me : Try, try, try... and I decide to try.

With my 1222 fx there was a UC200, but impossible to find a new UCA200 but an UCA222 and an UCA202 ! I live in Reunion Island (a little french tropical island near Madagascar)
I decide to try to connect, in the fisrt time, 2 UC's.
1 x UCA 200 + 1 x UCA 222
And it's working FINE !
You have to connect one, put the good drivers from Behringer website (I'm on Vista Ultimate X64 bits, I7 920, 12 Go ram).
Connect the second UCA, put the good drivers... so to put the drivers... you run the Behringer .exe drivers... for each new UC installation and you read the message from the drivers installation (disconnect...connect the both UC (not at the same timen because it's very hard )) and restart your computer.

You have to go to System and verify that the 2 UCA's are discovered.
So, it's OK.
If no, disconnect an UCA and connect it...

I"m on Nuendo 4 but Nuendo or Cubase canno't run the both cards at the same time so for ASIO drivers I use ASIO4ALL !

I go to nuendo configuration... activate ASIO4ALL, configure to set the Behringer UC's and go to VST connections and set the In and Out.
And you will see that Nuendo or Cubase let you choise from different IN and OUT.
Better is to rename all the IN and OUT, it's easier to work quickly !

In my computer : with ASIO4ALL and 1 UCA, there is 3.25 ms latency for 256 samples.
With 2 UC's : 6.50 ms...so I think it's 256 sample by UCA... 256 + 256 = 512 with 6.5 ms...and I've just bought a third UCA 202, to try...and it's ok !
in latency : 6.50 ms the latency than for 2 UCA for 256 samples for each UC.

So, it was so magic I decide to charge some tracks with heavy VST samples, with 3 audio (vocals) tracks... some midi traks... and it's very clear.
Very impressive.

If you have an audio card chipset on your mother board... set off it in your bios.
I've set off also my PCI sound card... ASIO4ALL give you less latency

Before buying the others UCA's, I've tried to connect my Xenyx 1222 fx to my XFI sound card... it's very noisy ! like a jet landing...low but very present in the background.

And now, it's clear, clear and quiet !

Now, I can route the audio signal where I want, and I can record in real multitracks.

If you have any questions, I'll try to help you !

I'm french, so if there's any errors in english... excuse me

Xavier (musella in the Forum)

Last edited:
Hello Xavier,
I am Lyudmil and a have a question. Hope you could help me out.
I have bought a Behringer U-Control UCA222 for my brother's PC as a gift. He is on Nuendo 3 and could not use it with his midi keyboard - there is delay in hitting a key and hearing the sound of it. I promised to help my brother because I was the one who the sound card. So i Found your post here and downloaded and installed ASIO4ALL. When I activate it in Nuendo, it shows me this:
- ASIO4ALL v2: Input Latency: 6.531 ms; Output Latency: 11.610 ms
- VST Inpts: BEHRINGER USB AUDIO 1 and BEHRINGER USB AUDIO 2
- VST Outputs: Not connected 1 and Not connected 2
I clicked OK and then opened a new project and added a new MIDI track. My brother started playing but there was delay again. I saw that in the MIDI track properties it shows:
in: USB MIDI Interface
out: Microsoft GS wavetable synth
Is there a way to fix this delay?
The PC runs on Windows 7 32-bits; RAM: 2 GB; Intel 4: 3GHz.

Lyudmil :)

PS: In the ASIO4ALL Comtrol Panel shows that the Out is not available.

Last edited:
I havent read any of the replies so sorry for any duplicate

Ive got a uca202 lying about...but its my belief that they were manufactured so folks could wire rca equipment to a PC..like a DJs turntables

I bought it to see if it could be used with my laptop on vacation but in truth it was awful for recording a guitar etc...the quality of the recording was really poor...so I bought a gx studio instead

i wouldnt recommend it for recording...and Ive seen used tascam 122's for $30 on fleabay which would be an infinitely better purchase imho

Back