AW16G will only write old stereo tracks

bhweb

I have created a stereo track complete with mixdown on a Yamaha AW16G and written it to a CD. All went well with that one. When I created another four-track song, did a mixdown on it, and saved it, according to the documentation, it should be "stereo track 2" in the list. When I look at the list of stereo tracks, there are in fact two of them. Now, when I go to write the second saved song to a CD, it seems that no matter what I try with settings, the write process always reverts back to the first saved song. I have looked all over what appears to be the settings pages, and cannot find how to designate the second saved item as the one to write to the CD. Comment is invited.

Are you positive the second song is being loaded properly in the "songs" section. It should only write to the current loaded project , or is your second mix just more tracks in your first project ??

reply to AW16G query

Are you positive the second song is being loaded properly in the "songs" section. It should only write to the current loaded project , or is your second mix just more tracks in your first project ??

HI, Mark: I'm not certain what you mean. FWIW, I started each new project by going to the SONG section and selecting [NEW]. I went through the scrolling, etc. to be certain that the new song in fact has a name all its own. Is that what you mean? (The recordings and mixes are going great! Just the last step; designating a particular "virtual track" as the stereo track, is what seems to have me stuck right now).

Hi, sorry if I confused you .. You have to access the VTR page. I think you just press the TRACK key until you get there. You can select the virtual take for each track you want, press enter , then save . If this is what you have been doing , I don't know what else to check .. If you don't have a manual , you can get a pdf online. Good luck ... mark

Back