Audio Interface will only do output, not input.

Pengu1n

Hey,
I'm running a PreSonus FireStudio Mobile through Garageband and Studio One on a Macbook Pro. I've had very limited success with it, but I have gotten the whole system to work completely perfectly.

However, when it's not working, I keep having the same problem. In garageband preferences, under output, it lists the standard options then the PreSonus Fire Studio Mobile. However, it's not listed under inputs. The same thing if I go to system preferences for my entire computer. So, it seems to me that for some reason, my computer isn't recognizing the AI as something that can do input? Or is something else going on?

I have a Mic connected, phantom power on, in the exact same setup (as far as I can tell) as it was in when everything worked.

Thanks.

This is strange because I am running a Presonus FP10 into a Macbook Pro and it was pretty much plug and play. No drivers needed. Did you buy your interface used or new? If you got it used, it could always be a defect. If I were you, I would call presonus customer support and see if you can get some answers from them.

I bought it warehouse resealed from zzounds, which according to them meant it was taken out to demo or something like that. I was about to call them.. but I said "hey, why not try it one more time?", and of course it worked. And now, it's back to not working... I'll give them a call if I don't figure it out in the next week, but it's possible they may tell me to go through zzounds (as it was warehouse resealed), and then zzounds will tell me the warranty ran out (as theirs is only 6 months compared to the 1 year on presonus)

Back