Audio interface help

Inperfect

Hey everyone. Ive been having issues with my audio interface lately, and I've been searching everywhere for a fix. I was hoping that maybe there'd be someone to help remedy my situation.

So I'm using a lexicon I-O 42 and until a couple of months ago it was working, but now its not receiving any audio. My pc recognizes it as being on, plugged in, and working but for some reason it wont receive any sound. I tried everything from moving the usb port it's in to reinstalling the drivers. I even tried contacting lexicon themselves and it seems they couldnt help me either because this product is discontinued. Id really love to get back to mixing tracks and making music, so any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

p.s. if any other information is needed I will be happy to provide.

Hi [MENTION=201531]Inperfect[/MENTION]

Welcome to the forums. :)

I'm not a windows guy but, when they come, they will ask...

What operating system are you on, are your current lexicon drivers compatible, and what recording software are you using?

Are you able to confirm that the green meter LEDs on the front of the unit light up, to confirm that it's getting/processing a signal?
If you leave the recording software aside and just view the meters in your operating system control/sound panel, do you see input activity there?

Does it work as an output device, when selected, for general computer use/music playback?

Hopefully something there will help someone else to help you out. :)

Number one issue with windows audio is with the "sound" control panel. Depending on whether you are on 7 or 10 there are different routes to the Sound control panel: in WIn 7 it can be found in Control Panels. In WIn10 you have to go into the settings menu> system menu>sound menu>upper right "related settings" Sound control panel. The panel will show tabbed menus, the two we are concerned with are Playback and Recording.If you have a HDMI display windows will automatically set it as the default audio output so if you are using an HDMI it's best to right click it and set to "Disable". Note this does not disable your display just prevents windows from trying to route audio to it. Then right click on Realtek or Conexant whichever is called the Speaker output and set it to default if you are not using your interface as a windows playback device. There should be an ASIO driver/playback device that matches your interface. Some DAWs will allow you to share the interface along with windows, Pro Tools does not. If you wish to see if it will share then try setting it to default playback device and see if youtube or whatever and your DAW both will play . If not leave the interface as "enabled" but NOT default. If your interface is not in the sound control panel than try reinstalling the drivers for it.

It was probably some update. Windows has been really agressive when they do thir updates. Almost becoming like Apple, "you are to take this and like it".;)

But really, the driver could need updating, here are the latest version numbers:
I-O | 42 Driver v2.9.77 (Windows 32-bit) [1.58 MB]
I-O | 42 Driver v2.9.77 (Windows 64-bit) [2.69 MB]

But double check your settings, if it is in the DAW then you select the ISIO driver, if it is in windows, you just probably have to reset it to route through the interface. All of my soud routes through the interface and not the sound card.

It was probably some update. Windows has been really agressive when they do thir updates. Almost becoming like Apple, "you are to take this and like it".;)

Apple updates aren't aggressive.
You choose to install them, and you choose whether or not you're notified about them.

Apple updates aren't aggressive.
You choose to install them, and you choose whether or not you're notified about them.

No but I have read that changes to an Apple OS can leave hardwares tits up with their wheels spinning? ....And,

The driver doesn't install on Windows 8 / Windows 10. How can I get it to work?

Currently by default Microsoft has an option that can prevent some of Lexicon's drivers from installing properly. This option can be turned off through Windows Advanced Boot options menu. Lexicon recommends to follow THIS guide using the procedure in option two. For any reason you still have issues feel free to let us know at: Support@Lexiconpro.com

Dave.

Back