Thread: Audio Drivers messed with microphone quality

Thanks

Audio Drivers messed with microphone quality

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey dude(s)

I've got an AKG D5, and a Behringer U-Phoria UM2 AI. The microphone picked up perfectly fine with 0 gain and sounded good quality wise, but when I installed: BEHRINGER_2902_X64_2.8.40
    It turned my microphone into a line-in, and now it only picks up when the gain is 80% to 100% fully on. And is now quite sensitive to loud noises etc.

I tried un-installing the driver but it just made the microphone not pickup anymore, so now I HAVE to use the drivers to hear my microphone. Any help?
    20cf6e773c-png

It used to have 7b89ea5568-jpg <- This icon and appeared as "USB Audio CODEC" and appeared good quality etc.

Thanks
    Yet another reason not to buy Behringer.

You can try a system restore to remove the driver. Not sure if it will help if uininstall didn't do the trick.

Thanks
    Unfortunately a system restore is out of the question due to not backing up :c! I've had such bad luck with microphones lately, just want to be problem free and do what I want to do..

Thanks
    Remove the driver that doesn't work via Device Manager. Select it and remove. Then start over.
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MintyFresh View Post
    Unfortunately a system restore is out of the question due to not backing up :c! I've had such bad luck with microphones lately, just want to be problem free and do what I want to do..
    Restore does not depend upon you having made a backup*. The computer (w7?) sets its own Restore points so unless you have disabled Restore you should be able to fine a "pre Bellringer time"!

It is a bit odd in this day and age that Behringer did not provide ASIO drivers? They really are a PITA company! They do many things pretty well and at great value and then totally cluck up at others! Having got those B drivers, have you tried turning down the level for the device in the Audio menus of W7?

If all else fails try Asio4All, bit dated now and you should not need it, but when the divil drives???

*It is always a good idea IMHO to SET a Restore point before installing any new software, demos for example. I had a H of a job cleaning the detritus left in my registry from a magazine trial of Ezedrummer. Had I set an R point. Cake, piece of.

There is a school of thought that Restore should be disabled for music work. I have never done so and musical son has never reported a problem with his compositions. In any case, being such a PC klutz I NEED it! Save my A time out of number.

Dave.

Thread Information