Audacity didn't download

herberttaylor94

I have a problem. It would seem the Audacity team recently updated their website or something, cause it looks completely different. I went to download Audacity by clicking on the download link, but it didn't automatically download. Am I supposed to click on the "Download Audacity Windows Installer" if it doesn't automatically download?

I googled, followed the link and ended up here Just a moment...

There are two files, one takes you to a list where you can download it as an .exe file which runs an installer - this could be mistaken for dodgy malware, so you can download a zip version instead if you are behind a protective firewall.

What's the issue? All looks quite normal to me.

Google "ninite" and download Audacity from there.
Ninite is dead safe, no toolbars or other shit and you always get the latest version so you don't have to go to the parent site.

Always see if Nitite has a progg; before going anywhere else.

Dave.

And I have a question.

What's wrong with Audacity?

Nothing. As an audio editor it is really very good and actually very much "deeper" than it appears but you need to be a bit of a coding geek to know it I think? However, it is not really suitable for music work when you need to build tracks. It also have little or no MIDI function AFAIK.

Up until a couple of years ago there really was very little in the way of recording software that was as easy and safe to get and free. Now there are a good dozen good freebies out there.

Dave.

And I have a question.

What's wrong with Audacity?

A lot of people try to use it for multi-tracking because it is free, but t is not designed for that use. As Dave said, it is great for an audio editor. And I think it can be used for file conversion.

I found a free multi-track program that I like. I think it's called Muse, or something similar.

Audio editing is mostly what I use it for but it will do simple multi tracking. No MIDI is a disadvantage but I can work around that.

My recordings are nearly all acoustic and I have no real need for the more complex facilities of a full featured DAW.

I record into a multi track recorder and can mix on that.

I have investigated Muse briefly as it will handle MIDI but had problems. I run Linux and I had problems getting Jack to work. I've recently updated my system so might give it another try.

Back