AT2020 & xenyx 802 - please help!

tank216

I am an absolute newbie to all of this so forgive me if this is a stupid question and/or I've overlooked something really obvious

I'm trying to set up my AT 2020 condenser mic (NOT the USB model) so I can hook it up to my stereo system just to be able to hear it. I have it running like this:

AT 2020 --> female XLR to 1/4" cable --> 1/4" to male XLR adapter (plugged directly into mic preamp 1 of xenyx) --> xenyx 802 --> RCA output (CD/Tape out slots) to stereo system

Am I missing something? I know that the AT2020 requires 48V phantom power, but doesn't the xenyx 802 provides that / has the mic preamps? Do I still need a separate preamp?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

i use/used a xenyx 802 and it does have phantom power, theres a 48v switch over below the rca ins and outs. hit that to engage phantom power.

that should fix your problem.

thanks I did have the phantom power button pushed

I finally got it up and running...works great. Turns out the 1/4" to XLRM adapter was the problem. I don't even know why I bought that instead of a standard mic cable (XLRF to XLRM). Never listen to Radio Shack employees

Back