Ascio4LL crashing FL studio, and general problems setting up audio interface

therealhendrix

Hello this will be my first post and I am fairly new to music production. I am using FL Studio Producer edition. I am trying to record my guitar and have the output from my amp running into a Scarlett 2i2 audio interface and have that plugged into my alienware laptop through usb connection. I am trying to get FL studio to recognize this and am have a lot of trouble. First of all every tutorial I see says to select ascio4all under input/output device in the audio settings. The second that I click ascio4all, FL studio crashes and all other programs ie. youtube, stop working as well. I don't know what`s going on. I have tried using FL Studio ASCIO instead and it does not crash. However I am not quite sure what I am doing wrong next. I click on the show ASCIO panel and it gives me the options default input, microphone array( IDT High definition audio CODEC), microphone( IDT High definition audio CODEC), and HDMI-in High definition audio CODEC). I don`t know which one I am supposed to choose. The only one it seems to recognize is the microphone array( IDT High definition audio CODEC), but then it`s just recording as if its a microphone, picking up my voice, keyboard ect. that not what I want, but all the other options are unresponsive. I want to just record from my amp to the audio interface into Edison in FL-Studio. Where am I going wrong, and should I try to re-install ASCIO-4-ALL or should I be suing something else??

Back