Any bargain 4-track or 8-track recorder

mullin

hi,

i want to like to buy a 4-track or 8-track recorder to record simulantenously? ie. guitar/keyboard/bass/drum etc

any suggestions? depends on the price to decidea 4-track or 8-trace one.

Yo Mullin:

As I "mull" it over, I'd suggest you go for 8 tracks. As you mentioned about jamming with your ax, drums, etc., you would mostly use 3 or 4 tracks; however, if you like to fade out a song and then add in any of the many FX kicks, you might add on.

I'm just thinking that 4 tracks kind of limits things. If you bounce among 4 tracks, then you lose adjusting "each" single track. Like if I have a track that is good but a tad quiet, I can punch in a Sample which adds dimension but not just cranking the fader up or using the EQ too much.

I use the Yam AW1600 and it does a very nice job. There is a dedicated site for the 1600 for lots of friendly help. I would guess if I had another multitracker, I'd buy the large Boss box; both, use CD to burn.

I've read through the new Neo Tascam--same functions but the manual is classic. The copywriter speaks English but thinks in another language. Amazing that a couple of out of work teachers don't hire them and really write a clean and clear and "organized" manual.

Cheers,
Green Hornet:cool::D

more info

You said bargain, but what's your budget? Do you want digital or analog? Do you have firewire on your computer? Do you have a computer?

Anyway...I bought a used Presonus Firepod (8 inputs, MIDI, spdif) off of ebay for $250 about a year ago and I am completely satisfied. I would definitely recommend something with 8 channels, but that will be determined by your budget and needs.

Back