Antares AVP-1? Yes? No?

guitargeek93

Quick total noob question. I'm looking at buying an Antares AVP-1 for my home studio. However, I know absolutely nothing about rack units as this would be my first one. Would this work with my studio? I have a Mbox 3 running into a PC(soon to be a Macbook pro). Also, is this unit any good? I don't want full on auto tune crap, just Pitch correction. Will it work for this? Like I said, I'm a complete noob. I only started recording a couple months ago so any help would be much appriciated! Thanks!

You'll get more responses in the "Newbie" or the "Rack" forum. This has little to do with studio construction.

What is your setup? Are you wanting to use outboard gear? Software pitch correction is much more useful. You can't automate outboard gear, which makes it impossible to fine tune to each note. Melodyne is much more capable of giving natural results by far.

This will work in your set up. This is the very machine that gave birth to the "auto-tune crap". It's a great machine and should do what you're looking for, though it does tend to color the tone of what goes through it. Unfortuntley it's been saturated in the mainstream market. I still think it's useful if used creatively. Oh and technically being a digital device the plug in should sound the same.

Back