analogue to digital recording.

Moebetta

Whats up to all!!!

O.K., heres the deal. I have a friend who has a Dupit ProAudio CD recorder. We are trying to figure out if it's possible to somehow daisy-chain a bunch of Rewritable CD Drives off of it to make more than one copy at a time of our finished music. Has anyone ever heard of this particular product? If so please help. It only has RCA connections from what he told me. with a switch that says SPDIF/Analogue. A bit more infoon this particular product can be found @corpsys.com under proaudio Equipment.
Any help whatsoever would be most excellent.
Oh yeah, Is it possible to record digital music over RCA Jacks?

Thank You...

My guess would be no. I don't think you can daisy chain CD writers off this unit and make simultaneous CD copies. If you have several standalone CD-recorders that have output jacks I guess you might be able to link the outputs to inputs until you had them all connected, play the original CD in one unit, and hit record on the other units at precisely the same time... but that seems seriously to the extreme. I don't even know if all standalone CD recorders have outputs first of all that would be good enough to record over multiple generations of I/O like that without degrading the quality at some point, and you would be better off saving your money by not spending on multiple standalone CD recorders and instead getting a CD-Rom burning jukebox type unit that contains several CD-RW drives and burns from a master disc image. That's the best "budget" way that I know of to mass produce CDs if you are set on doing multiple discs at a time yourself. Even though those things can be really expensive it's not even close to something like buying your own CD pressing machine :), so that's why I say budget. I looked at the device specs on the web page you gave, and didn't notice anything special that would lead me to think you could chain additonal CD-Rs off this thing, but I definitely could be wrong.

When you ask about recording digital music over RCA jacks, there's a couple of things to consider: Are the jacks regular analog RCA jacks like you have on a common home stereo, or are they actually coaxial SPDIF jacks? They can look similar, but you can usually tell by how many RCA looking jacks are present. Left and right stereo pairs would indicate that they are probably normal RCA jacks. A single jack for input and a single jack for output would mean that these are most likely coaxial SPDIF (digital) jacks. If they are regular analog RCA output jacks and the source music is digital (in this case it would be since you are talking about a CD recorder playing back a disc), then the device itself is converting from digital to analog just like a CD player in a component home stereo system and sending the analog signal through the RCA jacks. You can hook up any device on the other end that accepts an analog signal for recording and make this work. If the jacks are actually SPDIF, then you would have to connect the output to a SPDIF input to record on another device. This would be great for outputting to a computer for instance, if the computer had a soundcard with a SPDIF input. Since you mentioned a switch, and the product specs for the unit talk about having digital and analog I/O, my guess is it has both but gives you the option of recording or outputting to one or the other, but not both at the same time maybe. Just guessing about that. Ultimately, I'd talk to the manufacturer to see what the unit can do, as it does seem more expensive than other standalone CD recording devices I've seen, and it's marketed as a duplicator.

Back