analogue to digital

Graham Sheppard

I have an old analogue recording on cassette. This recording consists of music off the top (stereo) then voice (mono) ending with more music (stereo) I have transfered this recording to my hard drive and have edited it for squeaks and pops etc.

The mono (voice) part was recorded originally on one track only so the sound comes from the left which is very distracting.

I would like to know how I can duplicate this mono track on the left to go on the right track in perfect sync. My idea is that I would then get stereo (sort of )

My only editing software is Roxio platinum.

I eventually want to put this recording on disk
Graham

I dont know Roxio, but most recording programs will allow you to convert to a stereo track very easy. Try using a demo version of software to get the job done. Soundforge or Wavelab would work very well if they allow you to save, or PT LE Free.

Do you actually have the voice on a separate track? If so then what you are describing should be easy in most any editing and mixing program.

If that is not the case does the music continue playing during the narration? That makes the situation harder since by copying the left track over to the right you would also be copying the left track of the music as well.

Rely to Stealthteck and Innovations: Roxio is a very elementary editing program I will look up the other software that has been suggested.

Regarding the mono track: There is no music under it. The track is isolated. It appears graphically on one track of the stereo track. I want to duplicate that track so it appears on both sides to give the impression of stereo. I cannot do this with Roxio.

By the way the file is in WAV format if this helps

Thanks for your help anyway. It's appreciated.

Back