Advice on Lexicon Lambda

stratovani

I recently sold an effects pedal on Reverb, and now that the band is not playing for the foreseeable future and I have a lot of free time on my hands I figured I'd try my hand at home recording. I've been looking on Reverb at audio interfaces under $60 and the Lexicon Lambda caught my eye. I plan on running it on my old Win7 computer with either Cubase LE4 or Audacity as my DAW. Could anybody give me some reviews on the Lambda, pro and con? I'm certainly not looking to produce pro quality with this setup, just something I can use at home that won't cost an arm and a leg and will give me decent quality recordings.

They're okay. I think it was originally envisioned to be able to do four simultaneous channels of input but as far as I know the software never enabled that. I don't recall if the one I used years ago had gain range to accommodate low output mics, but I don't recall it being a problem.

The Lambda has served me very well for years. Now running it on Windows 10 PC (it took them an age to sort out drivers above windows 7 PCs.).
You can control input gain ( for low output mics) phantom power, monitor mix control.
Mine's a little cranky now, but absolutely perfect for my needs. And it has in the past produced a couple of tracks which had success on radio.

The Lambda has served me very well for years. Now running it on Windows 10 PC (it took them an age to sort out drivers above windows 7 PCs.).
You can control input gain ( for low output mics) phantom power, monitor mix control.
Mine's a little cranky now, but absolutely perfect for my needs. And it has in the past produced a couple of tracks which had success on radio.

A little cranky? How so?

A little cranky? How so?

Ah, sorry. That was misleading. My Lambda has been in use for more than 12 years. One of the controls crackles a little when you move it.
Nothing to do with the quality of the interface (I think 12 years service and still working on it daily is testament to the quality) more to do with the ravages of constant use over those 12 years.

Ah, sorry. That was misleading. My Lambda has been in use for more than 12 years. One of the controls crackles a little when you move it.
Nothing to do with the quality of the interface (I think 12 years service and still working on it daily is testament to the quality) more to do with the ravages of constant use over those 12 years.

Probably just a scratchy pot. That's easily taken care of with a shot of Deoxit.

Back