achieving "red book standard"

djjonblade

Hi people, my question is how do I achieve red book standard, without computer software?
I have about 10 songs I feel are ready to be mastered on dat format. Is it easier to put them on the computer and use sound forge? Is there any other software available besides soundforge and t-rex?

Please do a little more research, db, as it's kind of weird to throw around terms like "red book standard" (which has to do with CDs) when you're talking about DATs! And it's also hard to burn CDs without software :)

HI again, what I meant to say is, I have about 10 songs that are presently on dat that I want to burn to cd, my question I guess is, Do I need to use computer software to do this? and if so what can be used!

[This message has been edited by djjonblade (edited 06-23-1999).]

Many apologies, DJ, I thought you meant something else entirely.

But I think you spooked me a bit when you said "Is there any other software available besides soundforge and t-rex", because (a) I never heard of T-Rex and here I figured I'm maybe missing half the programs in the world :) and (b) there are really probably more than a dozen good audio editing programs out there. And you'll probably need at least one of them (I personally like Sound Forge XP) to do serious WAV file editing, but...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>None of them have anything to do with Red Book Standards (other than helping you make stereo 44.1 KHz WAV files, which are necessary for Red Book standard CDs)!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What really makes your CDs "Red Book" or not is the CD burning software that comes with your CD-R. If you don't get software when you buy your CD-R, you got screwed, that's all. And the basic meaning of "Red Book" means "you can play it on a regular audio CD player", although it's a bit more involved than that...in fact, the details would fill a...big...red...book! :)

To make an increasingly long story short, if you get something like Adaptec Easy CD Creator, you'll have your Red Book CDs. You don't need anything fancy or expensive beyond that for making audio CD-Rs.

Any more questions, ask, but be sure to check out https://homerecording.com/burn_cds.html and all the important links thereon.

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 06-23-1999).]

CORRECTION to what I said earlier RE:T-REX The actual product is call "T-RACKS" supposedly a complete mastering software!

Back